Glock 22 upgrades

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by spenc, Dec 21, 2011.

1. spenc

spenc New Member

I have a bone stock G22 and got the ok from the wife to put some money into it for upgrades. What would you guys recommend? This is my HD weapon and I would like to improve accuracy and overall shootablity plus I just like working on my weapons.
    Also I'm looking to get a light/laser for my G 22 but I have heard about FTF problems with a light attached. How common is this and is it a Glock thing or just a Glock 22 thing? Also what can be done to the weapon to prevent this? I have already had FTF issues with Fiochtti ammo, and it is not fun. Thanks in advance guys!

MP, OIF 07-08

2. lockednglocked

lockednglocked New Member

I have the crimson trace laser grip laser on my G22 and haven't had a single problem. As for your FTF problem, stop shooting fiacci ammo, it's way to hot from the factory, I bought 500 rds for my 45 and after a sore wrist and un burnt gunpowder all over my hands, I pulled a bullet apart and weighed the powder and it was at the max load for a .45, i still have 250rds left cause I won't shoot em. As for your upgrades, I'd do night sights, a kkm or lone wolf barrel and go w/ a 4.5lb trigger kit and a tungsten guide rod. That outta make her shoot real nice for ya. $350-450 for all of it.

3. okdonk

okdonk New Member

+1 on the night sights. For the laser, get the lasermax unimax es, about $120 shipped. And the 3.5lb connector.

Attached Files:

4. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

Ive been thinking about one of these for my 31. Looks nice too.

5. nnola1

nnola1 New Member

I have the crimson trace on my g22 also and love it. Also have trijicon night sights and am very pleased. Next I'm getting a 3.5lb connector

6. Mandy

Mandy New Member

Night sigths, internal Lasermax, an aftermarket bbl that will allow shooting lead if needed, extended slide release and 3.5# connector, that's all that's needed for a great gun :cool:

7. trex1310

trex1310 New Member

Leave it that way. You'll be happier and much richer. :)

8. JohnJak

JohnJak New Member

I would spend all that extra money on training and ammo. Stock Glocks Work.

9. CaptRickHiott

CaptRickHiott New Member

Ive got the model 21 and all I did to it was a little trigger work. Its a great gun!

10. spenc

spenc New Member

Thanks for the advise so far guys. I think for now I'm just going to go with extended mag release, night sights, grips and a Tac light. Anyone ever had a problem with FTF with a light on the rails? I have seen several YouTube vids of people having this problem. Would you recommend stiffer mag springs to prevent this issue? Thanks again!

MP, OIF 07-08

11. triggernomic

triggernomic New Member

Adjustable fulcrum trigger. Run you about $150 but worth every penny for accuracy's sake. The factory glock trigger is like snapping a wishbone. Fulcrum trigger is like cutting hot butter.

12. Mongo

Mongo Active Member Supporter

GhostTrigger?

Drop in installation, 3.5 lb trigger pull, $25.95 delivered. A youtube video to help you install.

13. GLOCK17OD

GLOCK17OD New Member

I always have loved the Glock night sights. They can be ordered from the Glock web site. I also recommend a stunning flashlight that can blind a BG as well as the 3.5 pound trigger. Some grips and plus two mag extensions are cheap and effective. The laser is good for shooting from cover but don't depend on it at the range. Practice with the sights and practice dry fire clearing your house and make a defensive plan of action in case of unwanted ingress by a BG. You always need to find the best firing sectors so you don't injure anyone behind your target. Look short and long before shooting and use the Glock with plus pressure JHPs and you can't go wrong