Glock 22 estimate?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by KevinCease, Jul 15, 2011.

1. KevinCease

KevinCease New Member

Hey everyone, I got a Glock 22 police issue gen 3 (i think) with night sights, LVPD issue holster and 2 clips (10 round)

Looking if anyone knows how much I could possibly get for it, and where would be the best place to sell it? As you can see it has some minor holster wear but its in great shape. Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

~$250 but you'll need to get some magazines for it.

3. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Hard to say how much, depends on who sees your ad. I occasionally see G22 LE trade ins with night sights and two 15 round magazines for about $350 at dealers.

By the picture yours is a Gen 3.

4. KevinCease

KevinCease New Member

really? Man that is way less than I thought I could get for it. Even with 2 clips and a holster? Anyways, I really just want to get an SR9C, I'm hoping I can just get a straight trade for it somewhere, or at least enough cash to cover it.

5. Dave-In-Maine

Dave-In-Maine New Member

The local Cabela's had a whole pile of G22 police-trade-ins recently for $425 or so, although they didn't include any clips--only magazines:)

6. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Can you post a video of you loading a glock with a clip? :confused:

:D We're messing with you.

I typically see those like yours for right at $400

Attached Files:

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

a clip is what you do to your hair to shorten it. a magazine is what you read waiting for the doctor to give you a prostate exam.

duh

8. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Curious about two things, why the heck do you have 10rd mags in Nevada? That's gonna hurt you bad except in a ban state. I see that as a $60 deficit right there, the gun might as well not have magazines.

And second why go with the SR9? Not a bad gun and the price is right but is it better than a Glock? I looked at the SR9 and am semi-impressed but went with a 23Gen4 which I think is much better.

And I kept my old G22. Of course I sell NOTHING! :p

9. KevinCease

KevinCease New Member

Well I have 10 round mags because that's what came with the gun. They are not extentions or anything, they were part of a LVPD duty carry. I don't know what the standard is for the gun, but I never heard anything bad regarding the Mag size and Nev state. Maybe you could clarify?

Also, I want the sr9c for many reasons. Its affordable, has amazing reviews, and its compact and I would like something i can not only conceal, but my girlfriend would enjoy. She is 100 lbs and 5'1". Also the gun is new. Also it has many saftey features. Also it has never been used to kill a criminal. Shall I continue? Its more attractive. I'd be happy with a smaller glock but I'm not able to spend any money right now so I was curious if I could make a deal with this.

I'm glad this isn't a Harley forum cause I ride Yamaha!

10. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Well this gets curiouser and curiouser... I can't believe the LVPD issued G22s with 10rd mags. Someone did the ol' switchero after it was turned in. (Grabbed the standard 15rders.) Even capacity limits during the ban didn't apply to most LE.

11. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Well that explains the glock. [​IMG]

12. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

That doesn't look to me like a Gen 3, though. I don't know what that does to your value, though. Maybe it just got clipped to Gen 2.

13. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Looks like a Gen 3, has the rail and finger grooves that Gen 2 didn't have.

14. KevinCease

KevinCease New Member

Could someone explain the ban and the deal with the magazines?

15. Tinytim

Tinytim New Member

The ban limited the magazine capacities to only 10 rounds.

16. Quentin

Quentin New Member

TT is right, from 1994-2004 federal law banned the average citizen from buying new magazines that exceeded 10 rounds (and from buying certain types of firearms like the AR or AK many of us have). There were exemptions for LE, military and other government agencies. And if a citizen already had them before the AWB those were grandfathered in. (But they better not say "LE/govt only".)

The Bush administration allowed the law to sunset but a few states still enforce the ban. I'm sure NV is not one of them so a buyer would expect a LE trade in G22 to come with standard 15 round mags. And would expect a mark down if it didn't come with them. :(

17. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Sell it privately. Maybe in the local paper, but ideally on a LV/NV firearms internet trading board.

Ask $425. You may get it, you should at least get darn close....$375+. That should get you within $50 or so of the cost of a new SR9c.

18. KevinCease

KevinCease New Member

yes it's very possible he switched out the mags, I didn't ask. Nor would I have guessed. Either way, sounds like I'll be fine trying to sell it, and I appreciate all of your help. It is extremely fun to shoot though, just a little big for what I'm looking for right now. Not bad though, considering I traded an x-box for it that I never use. Much funner to shoot this than a game. Thanks!

19. Dizzll

Dizzll New Member

$250. I can get a brand new one with 3 mags for $400

20. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Well good luck, and let us know how the Ruger works out!