Glock 21c

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by VegasGunGirl, May 30, 2012.

1. VegasGunGirl

VegasGunGirl New Member

Love my glock 21c but have been in the market for a second glock. I have been told the Gen 4 21 is what I should go with but I am looking for any other ideas. Any good recommends and why do you recommend it?

2. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

Why would you buy another 21? I own a G35 .40 cal. I really love the gun! Maybe look into a different caliber I would say.

3. VegasGunGirl

VegasGunGirl New Member

image-1670390056.jpg

My glock 21c .45acp

I have thought about a .40 cal. So you like the G35. Hmm. I don't really want another 21 but so many of the sales guys are always pushing it on me.

4. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

People use the G35 for competition shooting. Me I use for my carry and just normal shooting.:)

image-3701598788.jpg

5. vincent

vincent New Member

If you're gonna get another .45, think about the G30...:cool:

6. marc29th

marc29th New Member

Don't let a salesman tell you what you want, get the info on different guns from them and then decide . Or you'll just be trading that gun in soon for something else.

7. G30USMC

G30USMC Active Member Supporter

Love my G30SF, very nice weapon

Attached Files:

8. yogiboobooranger

yogiboobooranger New Member

I guess we should ask you what is the purpose of the second glock..using it for concealed carry? IDPA..killing paper targets..steel plate? Are you interested in another caliber, or is .45acp all you want to shoot? Answers to these questions would help in giving you possible suggestions.

9. Uptown_General_Roc

Uptown_General_Roc New Member

What Ammo you got in ya Magazine?

10. G30USMC

Speer Gold Dot 230g

11. yogiboobooranger

yogiboobooranger New Member

My G30 and all my 1911's are loaded with and carried with Federal 230 grain Hydrashok JHP (P45HS1): a great load, and my #1 choice. It gives the most stopping power in this potent caliber. This after much testing and research. Uptown_General_Roc, check out the ballistics on this load, and you will agree with me I am sure. I do reload many calibers and do much testing as well, and if I could, I would load my own personal defense ammo to carry, but due to law suits, and legalities, I carry factory ammo and the Federal is a great one for short barrel handguns such as a G30 or officers model 1911!

12. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

I'd say 10mm or bust!

Go with the G20.

13. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

I use the same, best ammo in my opinion.

14. Uptown_General_Roc

Yeah I'm bout to start Researching but this is my Ammunition

ForumRunner_20120603_144112.jpg

15. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

Hornady is fantastic but I think a bit overrated, next time your at you local gun smith ask for "Gold Dot Hollow points"

16. G30USMC

+1..... If you are doing research, you will run across Gold Dot 230g, very good ballistics, and bonded ammo, to prevent jacket separation..... Used by my department and NYPD (but they use 124+p) for 9mm......

Gold Dot, my preferred carry ammunition !

17. Uptown_General_Roc

Yeah I have to Get me a Couple boxes

18. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

Does it really matter if you have defensive rounds or not? Getting shot no matter what will freaking hurt and usually you will have more than one round.

19. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

Yea, I understand your point, regular target shooting no, if I'm packing to stop a 200 pound charging hog or pit bull or Mike Tyson yes, absolutely. But in normal shooting, na.. probably not.

20. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Yes, because all handgun rounds are marginal stoppers at best. It's better to have an expanding bullet to cause more tissue damage and blood loss.

A few weeks ago I helped treat a guy who shot himself accidentaly in his lower leg while trying to clear his .45. FMJ round went in the back of his leg below the knee and came out the frontabove the ankle. Very little trauma. entrance and exit holes were about 8mm across (FMJ's kind of stretch skin but don't tear it much). He missed the tibia and fibula and the major arteries and nerves (Kind of like threading a needle). He was walking on it, albeit with a limp. So, a lot of folks who think a .45 hold some mystical power and spout the quote "they all fall to hardball" haven't seen a lot of wounds.

For anti-personnel work use a rifle or shotgun, if you have to use a pistol use hollow points. Gold dots are good because the are bonded and tend to hold together.