Glock 21

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Waldo_08, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Waldo_08

Waldo_08 New Member

I have a chance to buy a Glock 21 with 2 magazines, night sights, extended slide release, extended magazine release, a 4 1/2 lb trigger, and a blackhawk holster. It's in outstanding condition and the holster is brand new. Is $630 a good price?

2. Engine5truck

Engine5truck New Member

3. Waldo_08

Waldo_08 New Member

4. msup752

msup752 New Member

Unfortunately the answer depends on your local market prices. Around here, new Glocks are $550-$600 and night sights are $65-$110 depending on the type. I had an extended slide release put on my previous Glock for $15 at my local gun shop. I no longer use them after being trained on reloading and malfunction skills. Blackhawk holsters vary from $15 nylon to much more expensive carbon fiber.
    If the above stats match your market, you can get a brand new Glock w night sights for less than $700 and skip the unnecessary upgrades and focus on any holster that suits you. So it sounds like a bad deal to me. I've seen local dealers trying to sell off their gen3's for $500 or less. I am not sure if the 21's are in gen4 production so that may not apply.
    I liked my G21 but I sold it and bought a Springfield XDM .45 full size for $599 with holster and mag carrier in every box!

5. GLKmiester

GLKmiester New Member

I sold my gen 3 glock 21 for $375. Goto a gunshow and find a better deal or goto a gun shop and buy a new gen 4 glock 21.

6. goretro77

goretro77 New Member

Glock 21s Gen3 and earlier are great guns. They do need a bit of ergonomic/trigger related enhancements.

The slide releases need extending, mag releases need to be a touch larger and more elevated and the triggers - mine have a 3.5 pound pull.

Glock 21 Gen2(top) no finger grooves for me on the grip. Bottoms are Glock 17s, grip is a bit thinner, finger grooves ok.
    [​IMG]

7. pontiac163

pontiac163 New Member

I got my G21 Gen 3 for $300 with night sights and two mags. It wasn't in the best condition but it was in pretty good shape. I don't think its a good deal

8. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

Yeah i agree, thats brand new price.

9. Uptown_General_Roc

Uptown_General_Roc New Member

I would have sold it for like $400

10. GLKmiester

GLKmiester New Member

If you seen the holster wear that it had you wouldn't. Trust me, I tried for more.