glock 21

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by ultimate-soldier5, Feb 15, 2014.

1. ultimate-soldier5

ultimate-soldier5 New Member

wife got me this bad boy for our anniversary, i havent been out to shoot yet. too much other work to do. next weekend hopefully. :D im aware of glockmeister but is there any huge glock specialty store reccomendations?

Attached Files:

2. pat701

pat701 New Member

Bought one the day after the Sandy Hook shooting, it is Blue Label LEO price of $468. No malfunctions at all, but BTF, and weak ejection with low "powered range ammo" with high priced S/D or duty ammo it ejects fine, this is my first and last Glock Perfection Pistol" these are just my observations with 900 -1000 rds at an outdoor range.:mad::confused:

3. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

You better hug that lady a little tighter, she is a keeper.

Lenny McGill's http://www.glockstore.com

Pat, I run a home for unwanted Glocks, I'll even pay the freight if you don't want yours anymore.

I have never had a problem with a Glock no matter the ammo I was running.

4. pmanton

pmanton Member

I love my 21 SF

5. kbd512

kbd512 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

The 20 and 21 are great general purpose pistols and the only thing they don't come with from the factory that I'd recommend getting is a set of night sights. It's pretty hard to see the factory sights in the dark because, shockingly, off-white doesn't show up as well as fluorescent orange or green.

As accessories go, I'd buy a SureFire X300. The weight underneath the barrel improves recoil control to a noticeable degree in all Glock models I've shot with the X300 attached and it is, in my opinion, a necessary utility tool. That said, the 500 lumen SureFire X300 Ultra is far too powerful for indoor/close-in use so you need to purchase one of the older 170 (or 200?) lumen models off of eBay.

After that, just add ammo and you're GTG.

For whatever weird reason, 9MM ammo is less available around here, but .40 S&W and .45 ACP are available at every local Wal-Mart and Academy. Wally World has the best prices.

6. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Using non OEM Parts voids your warranty. Just fyi.

better judged by twelve than carried by six.

7. pat701

pat701 New Member

For my purpose, as a night stand gun i am happy with mine. But i am LEO and got it at the LEO price of $468. But if i had paid $550 to $625 for it as some are paying now i would have been real pissed!!! But for 14 rds of 45cal goodness as a night stand gun, i can live with it without making any adjustments or sending it back to Glock. I am just disappointed that this Gen4 21 weakly ejects low powered range ammo. Even at the LEO price, i never would have bought it KNOWINGLY that it was ammo picky. This is just MHO, and oberservation.:confused:

8. ultimate-soldier5

ultimate-soldier5 New Member

thanks for the info on the glock store, as for ammo i reload and night sights arent really my thing, the only gun in the house with night sights is the wifes. with my experiance most shooting in a defense situation is reflexive, mine is also a blue label gun. thanks for the info fellas :)

9. G30USMC

G30USMC Well-Known Member Supporter

Congrats the 21 is an excellent weapon, it's currently my duty weapon

10. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I hate to tell you that you didn't get the Leo price. You gut *****.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2014
  11. pat701

pat701 New Member

OK i lied, mountainman just to **** with you:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2014
  12. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

pat,

Not at all to be obnoxious! But you rather want a defense gun or a saturday afternoon plinker. I guess being LEO retired myself and Range Master I can not understand why you are so disapointed with this pistol just because it does not want to eject low power plinking rounds. It was designed for a purpose and as most duty production pistols they were designed for higher presure duty loads. The same is true with 1911s and other pistols that were designed for the defense puposes. If not the higher powered rounds could easily damage the weapon if it were designed for light loads and then was subjected to hot loads. Not going to dispute the price comment by the others since a good used Glock purchased regarding LEO & tradeins usually ranges form $360-$400.

But regarding the original Thread I agree with the others here You better KEEP HER! You have a winner there!

13. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Not saying you lied. I'm saying the ffl made a nice profit on it.

14. pat701

pat701 New Member

I think what happened to me is that i got caught up in all the on-line hype about Glock. "Just shoot it" "great out of the box" or my favorite one "put it in the dish washer to clean it" from the fan boys on other gun fourms. I bought it the day after the Sandy Hook shooting, i knew what panic would happen after that tragedy. If i would of had two more months i would have saved for a FNX-45 as i prefer DA/SA to striker fired. But time didn't give me the break to save up $200 more for the FNX-45. But for a night stand gun it is fine for my purposes. My Sigs shoot low powered ammo with 4' ejection to my 3-4 O'Clock. With the fanboy hype i expected the same from a Glock. I have a 22cal semi-auto pistol that ejects 6' to my 3 O'Clock. If i offended anyone i apologize:eek: I retired from the Chgo Police Dept with 30 years on the job, six years ago yesterday.

15. pat701

pat701 New Member

Mountianman, i bought it NIB from the distributer of Glock to ALL the police departments in the 3 county Chicago land area. They don't let you into their gun store until you show them your star. They won't sell to you unless you are on the approved Glock LEO blue label list of eligible buyers. But i could be wrong on the price, it might have been lower, i am a old man.:confused: