Glock 21 question?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Sdprice84, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Sdprice84

Sdprice84 New Member

Im still new to handguns....been a long gun my whole life and Ive run across a issue im curious about with my 21. I just got some federal hydra shoks and when I load a full mag it takes a good amount of force to load the mag. It also takes a good amount of force to pull tge slide back and chamber a round. Is this something that can cause a problem with my gun...or is it a "breaking in" issue. It doesnt do it with some plain jane cheap range ammo...only the hollow points. The gun is new with only about 50 rounds through it. I just wanna make sure im not gonna harm my new favorite weapon in any way. Thanks in advance.

2. Renegade44

Renegade44 New Member

It will break in after about 500 rounds thru it and a few cleanings. My wife's 26 was hard for her to chamber till about then.

3. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

In the mean time. Just lick back the slide insert mag and use the sling shot method. After you put a decent number of rounds through it the spring will loosen up. As far as the mags keep them loaded and they will loosen up.

4. Sdprice84

Sdprice84 New Member

Thanks a bunch. Thats what I was thinking, but wanted to ask some more experienced owners.

5. broke-again124

broke-again124 New Member

Glock mags are TIGHT! Load it and let it sit. It'll loosen up.

6. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

My G30 after 10 years still fits very tightly with a full mag. If you try to do +1 you really have to smack the mag to get it to seat. But it's been that way through thousands of rounds without any failure

7. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

He is talking about putting rounds in the mag. Not putting the mag in the gun. What gen is it? Gen 1&2 the mags were designed to stick (the Austen army did not wont fall free mags.) Gen 3&4 lock slide back insert mag sling shot slide fwd.

8. OldHack

OldHack New Member

These guys have way more experience than I ever will. They all religiously download their mags by one round:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7ViI2UWFKg[/ame]

Cheers

OH