Glock 21 gen 3 holster

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by tlech29, Jan 17, 2014.

1. tlech29

tlech29 New Member

Do you guys recommend any holsters for the g21 ? I want to carry it outside of my pants on the rights side. Any input would be appreciated

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Firearms Talk mobile app

2. AR10

AR10 New Member

Hit a big box store, and look at everything they have. Something that only fits your gun is ideal.

3. tlech29

tlech29 New Member

Yea I was thinking of going to Cabelas but is there a particular brand that is best...I have heard the name Blackhawk on the net are those any good ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Firearms Talk mobile app

4. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I use a blackhawk serpa holster for my Glock 20, great retention and lightning fast draw. It does cause a bit of holster wear and I wouldn't recommend it if you're getting muddy.

better judged by twelve than carried by six.

6. tlech29

tlech29 New Member

Wow.....witmeba..that's a lot of info. Thank you

7. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I HATE Blackhawk's holsters retention system. Look for a Hogue Kydex. Release is more natural thumb button

8. tlech29

tlech29 New Member

Thank s robo ill definitely look at those. What is so bad abt the Blackhawk? I have never used one

9. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The Serpa system can (and does) cause your trigger finger to enter the trigger guard upon clearing the holster. Many reported negligent discharges reported. If one trains around it, it can be overcome.

10. tlech29

tlech29 New Member

Wow..ill prob stay away from that then. I may just stick to a good ol fashion leather one. I really dont wanna be sticking my finger into the trigger guard to draw

11. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

You're welcome.

I collected them from several other sites. I have verified almost all the links to be valid.

Gould has some nice leather if you aren't looking to spend over about $65.00.

Little pricy are just to name a few Andrews, C5 Leather, Del Fatti, RGrizzle, Hazel, Haugen, Milt Sparks and Richie (and others) are absolutely beautiful.

12. tlech29

tlech29 New Member

Do you use a leather holster with your glock ? The only leather holster I have ever used is with my .357 and I never imagined using one with my glock but the more I think abt it the more I like the idea.

13. CTChief

CTChief New Member

Alien Gear holsters work pretty good. Got one for my Glock 26 and 30S. Comfortable all day wear and they have a lifetime replacement warranty

14. Olsen

Olsen New Member

15. tlech29

tlech29 New Member

Woooowww..I like those. I think I may have found my holster. Not too bad on the price either.. thanks for the link and congrats on one of the finest guns you may ever own.

16. Olsen

Olsen New Member

Thanks man! Yeah I'll be ordering one of those holsters this weekend. I like that they're owb and have a slight drop.

17. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

18. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

CTChief - I like what I see in the Alien's - look well thought out.

I have a Blade-tech and it was loose. I soaked it in boiling water then put a pair of Vice-grips lightly on the hinge side while it cooled - Screws were as tight as they could go. It worked but I like the adjustment of the Alien model better. And the price is great!

MoHawk - I added hodgescustomkydex to my listing. Thx.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  19. SUPERMAN .45

SUPERMAN .45 New Member

I'm using the Blackhawk cqc serpa for my Glock 21sf for almost 5 years and no problem on it, sometimes i use the fobus paddle holster for duty and bladetech IWB holster.Just look for the holster that works well with you.

20. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

If you plan to compete in IDPA serpa holsters are illegal. I am not sure about other competition organizations. I carry IWB, serpa or kydex of any kind does not work for me. When I look at a kydex IWB holster all think is ouch!