glock 20 sights

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by theenaut, Jul 9, 2013.

1. theenaut

theenaut New Member

If I'm gonna carry this weapon what durable sights would you suggest adjustable or fixed? id like night sights too

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013

3. theenaut

theenaut New Member

Adjustable or fixed and will I need tooling to install??

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

For carry purposes I prefer fixed. Much less chance of the sights shifting during carry.
    You don't necessarily need any special tools but a soft tipped or brass punch and a glock front sight tool are very helpful.
    I would suggest a drop of threadlock on the front sight post as well.

5. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I have Ameriglo sights on my duty/CCW G-20C. Nice and bright at night and a phosphorescent ring around the Tritium front so it REALLY jumps out in daylight

6. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

I went with the Meprolights on my G20. Excellent and very bright...

7. AR10

AR10 New Member

Swat team leader told me he does not allow glowing sights on his handguns because it could give away their positions. Something to think about. My last two Glocks did not have them, my new G20 does.

8. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

It'll only give away your position if you want it to... Its not like its flashlight or anything... :D

9. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Was this 20 years ago? Dinosaurs used to say crap lke that when tritium sights were first available. So if the bad guy is BEHIND YOU, he will know where you are? Just stupid.

Now a days, it is practically mandatory on a LE duty gun. In fact, starting in 2014 it IS mandatory on all duty guns with my agency.

10. AR10

AR10 New Member

Moderator with the words stupid from your keyboard. Really?

Just reporting on what I was told.

Just who is stupid? Me for recalling history, or for the lieutenant of a major city, not using night sites on side arms twenty years ago?

I somehow managed to get along Fifty plus years without night sights on anything, guess that makes me half a century stupid. Lol

My new Glock has NS, so can I now get a pass to go from stupid to just slow?

11. theenaut

theenaut New Member

If I get fixed are the back sights hard to intall??

12. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

I've got the Glock tritium's on mine...no issues so far, but get a green laser...once you go laser, you never go back!!

Mind you, I shot SASS for many years, did my time with just irons...the laser is a VERY handy tool on a CCW pistol!!

Check out Crimson Trace's free video...it'll make your day!!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013