Glock 19

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by jeffkaiser1989, Sep 25, 2013.

1. jeffkaiser1989

jeffkaiser1989 New Member

Those of you that own a glock 19 i was wondering if it was worth picking up and if i did get one a gen 3 or a gen 4? Is there a major difference between a gen 3 and a gen 4? Appreciate the advice

2. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

Loved my Gen 3.. If not for a trade offer I just couldn't pass I'd still own it, I even kept my 33 round Glock mag as I plan to own another. Had that gun a long time.
    My brother in law has a Gen 4 which is also a great gun, I've shot it several times.

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

At first the Gen 4s had some issues. They've been worked out. No major difference between the two so if there is a price difference buy the cheaper one.
    I carried a Gen 2 19 for a long time. Moved up to a 20.

4. aruiz42

aruiz42 New Member

Awesome either way,.. Shot gen one... Wife has gen 4 no problems... Definitely worth picking up... I got the 23 but getting myself a conversion kit for 9 mm cuz of the recoil and cheaper ammo

5. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Of the 9mm Glocks I think the 19 is probably the best size for general purpose. Big enough to handle easily, aim accurately, and control recoil. Small enough for concealed carry when you're not in really hot weather.

I have a Gen 3. The gen 4 may be worthwhile if you really don't like the way a stock, Glock grip feels, or if you needed to flip the mag release for left handed use.

6. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I like my G23 Gen 4 which is the same size as the G19 Gen 4. I don't mind the Gen 3 either. Handle both gens and choose the one you like best.

7. Vincine

Vincine New Member

You can adjust the backstrap on a gen 4 to fit your hand and it has an ambidextrous mag release. Outside of that, no real functional difference between the two.

8. BlindOldMan

BlindOldMan New Member

I have both Gen3 and Gen4 G19s. The Gen3 trigger seems smoother out of the box but the difference is fairly negligible. I have grown fond of the grip in the Gen4. Other than the minor changes in the magazine release and recoil spring, they are the same.

9. bntyhntr6975

bntyhntr6975 New Member

I havent handled the gen 4. As far as the gen 3 (19) goes, I have 2. Repeat customer says plenty.

10. msup752

msup752 New Member

I have both. I prefer the grip of the 4g. I'm not in tune enough with the guns to feel if the dual recoil spring makes a difference.
    In my area, 4g's are $50 more expensive. If they are the same price, I'd take the 4g every time.

11. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

Gen 4 has a double captive main spring and a larger mag release button. Individual feelings about Gen 4 vs 3 are inconsistent. Glock says the spring in Gen 4 will last longer and will not be lost during field stripping. I own both a 3 and a 4 and score exactly the same. My opinion, get a 4 because of the tougher spring assembly and the adjustable grip.

12. GlockRenegade

GlockRenegade New Member

I have a Gen 3 - the Gen 4 has a more textured grip that I really like. Would be great if the gun was wet or slick. Also the backstraps are adjustable for bigger hands. Cant go wrong with either one. Generally I've the Gen 3 are about $80-$100 cheaper

13. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

Bought my first glocks within. The past week, a 32c and a 26. Both are Gen 3 and basically brand new. I paid less than $300 a piece for them so thats the only reason I got Gen 3. If I could get a Gen 4 for the same price as a Gen 3 i would go with that

14. GlockRenegade

GlockRenegade New Member

That is pretty freakin cheap dude, good score!

15. AR10

AR10 New Member

My personal feeling, is gen 3 used, is the way to go, if you can find a low cycle one.

The finish on gen 2 and early 3 models is outstanding for protection of the gun. Later 3 and 4 models report some rusting issues if you read Glock forums.

16. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

Thanks man! I wasnt sure how much I was going to like the 357 sig with it being hard to find and expensive but its a great shooter and the 26 is well a 26. Conceals great and shoots better :)

17. 44_Special

44_Special New Member

I have had a G19 since 2005, and it has been perfect in every way...only did a few things to it...extended mag release and slide stop....chrome pin kit,
    extended Lone Wolf barrel, so I can shoot reloads...and 3.5 Ghost trigger connector with NY1 trigger spring. Done....no more stuff...shoots great.

18. GlockRenegade

GlockRenegade New Member

That is badass man, sure it looks pretty as well

19. danolator

danolator New Member

I'm a lefty and G4 is the way to go for me. Changeable back straps ensure it will fit your hand.