Glock 19

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by mahall, Jul 12, 2013.

1. mahall

mahall New Member

Bought my first Glock!! My choice was by popular demand-:) everyone has always held this gun in hi praise!! Wanted a high capacity carry gun, that is reliable and problem free!! Anything I need to know, other than to just enjoy?? Will it eat all ammo from range to self defense!! Anyone recommend a good carry holster, not to pricey!! She is a Gen. 3 Glock19! Paid $499 for her!! If I got highly ripped off, please keep it to yourself! Lol anyway any solid experiences and advice would be appreciated!! Thanks!!

2. Dennis845

Dennis845 New Member

I got my Glock 19 about six months ago and no problems.

I put a set of green Tru Glow sights on it and made a world of difference shooting IDPA. While I was at the gun shop getting my sights put on, one of the employees handed me his G-19 to check out his trigger job the gunsmith did. WOW! So I had to leave my gun there to get the 3.5 pound trigger kit installed. For $45.00 it was a great investment.

I use an Alessi and Comp-Tac holster for my Glock. I use the Alessi (about $150.00)for CCW and it takes a few months to get one after the order. The Comp-Tac (about $75.00) works much better for IDPA games and I feel it's safer to reholster so many times.

3. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Mine has not been picky in ammo. Just don't use lead bullets they foul the barrel too quickly and can cause high pressure spikes. Otherwise, jut enjoy it.

4. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

My 19 has eaten all that I have thrown at it. I 2nd the no lead.

5. mahall

mahall New Member

Picked up a new inexpensive leather Holster for her!! I think I'm going to like!! One think about carrying a bigger gun you have to find a specific spot to carry comfortable and without printing!! For me it's about 2 o'clock as the holster clip lines up above my pocket seem on my shorts!! Anything to right to much printing, anything to the left to uncomfortable to set!!

image-4011435392.jpg

6. Robbie762

Robbie762 New Member

I try to stay away from steel case ammo with mine...actually with all my striker fired weapons. Talon grips are great and it's hard to beat a Crossbreed Super Tuck IWB holster, I like the horsehide, wears the best

7. xd man

xd man New Member

you got a keeper there.

8. kamakazi

kamakazi New Member

Do you mind me asking in what shop you had the sights and trigger kit put in? I believe I may have done both for you, personally! Lol!

9. AR10

AR10 New Member

Good price. I would watch some James Yeager videos on you tube about his favorite pistol, a Glock 19. I am not a Yeager groupie, but he does have some great advice about how to care and feed a Glock pistol.

People dislike him because he has strong opinions on things.

https://www.youtube.com/user/JamesYeager/videos

Hickok45 is also worth watching for Glock info.

https://www.youtube.com/user/hickok45/videos

Enjoy your Glock. The 19 is one model I am still looking for. I have the same frame in my 23C & 32.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  10. cblowe13

cblowe13 New Member

Hickok will pick up a damn gun he has never touched with half inch barrel and hit a gong at 50 yards. I say Hickok vs. chuck Norris.

11. bntyhntr6975

bntyhntr6975 New Member

The 19s are good out of the box, except the stiff long trigger. Go with a lighter connector and a competition spring kit (all for $20) and its good to go. Takes less than 10 min to install. I also put on trijicon night sights, worlds of difference. I also like the Fire Dragon 2 stage recoil guide rod system replacement, makes a notable improvement. Add a grip plug of your choice and its complete. Havent found any Glock 9mms to very picky on ammo, but i stay away from steel case and cheap surplus crap. Last 19 I bought was about 3 months ago for $479+tax. The poly rifling/cast lead issue can be dealt with, such as using harder cast, or frequent scrubbing, or an aftermarket barrel. Storm Lake match is very good, Lone Wolf is good also. Holsters: to each their own. Gotta find one that you like, fits you, and works. Lots of choices, but none are universal for everyone. And remember, it was made to use, so dont be shy about taking it out and shooting it, often.

12. mahall

mahall New Member

Thank you for all the helpful info!! I have read about an extended mag!! Holds 33 rounds!! Kinda cool for the range!! Anybody have any issues using extended mags in the clock 19??

13. AR10

AR10 New Member

Some of us might have collected a few extra mags along the years. These are all 10mm.

Attached Files:

14. bntyhntr6975

bntyhntr6975 New Member

The big extended mags are fun i guess, but heavy. The Glock brand is the only one Id use. The korean imitations are pretty much junk. Im sure theres a few good ones out there tho.

15. AR10

AR10 New Member

I would be hesitant to rework the innards of your Glock. The factory sends out a reliable product, with just enough trigger pull pressure to keep you safe. Redoing the trigger is something, some instructors would caution you to never mess with, me being one.

I have a Glock, over twenty years old, never messed with the guts, works fine. My groups on target are just fine.

16. mahall

mahall New Member

You can buy the Glock long mags off of the glock web site!! Don't think they make em!! But obviously they(glock) endorsing the mags on there web site would probably make them at least range friendly!! And that's all I would use them for!!

17. mahall

mahall New Member

Buy three and wouldn't have to reload anything!! Since I only shoot around 100 rounds per gun, per visit