glock 19

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Mack g17, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Mack g17

Mack g17 New Member

I just purchase a new glock 19 gen 3 about a month ago. At the time I didn't no much about glocks, i didn't no about the gen 4, but from most of what i have read most glock owners prefer the gen 3 over the gen 4. Did i get the better gun.

2. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

I actually prefer the gen 4. I like the grip and larger magazine release. The gen 3 will do great for you though.

3. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

I have a Gen3 19 and 26, and had a Gen4 17. Key word there was had. I never had the feeding and extraction issues that some have experienced, but there are some things about the Gen4 that I don't like. The two biggest ones are the grip texture and trigger.

Some people like the texture better though. The best thing to do is find a range near you that rents handguns, and rent a Gen4. Any range that rents guns and is worth their salt should have plenty of Glocks for rent.

-Fred

4. Hammy517

Hammy517 New Member

I have had 2 gen4 19's. I did not like the grip texture and could have cared less about the back straps. Glock put the .40 guide rod assembly in their 19's and caused fte issues. Took them forever to send me 2 correct ones and shortly there after I sold both being pissed at Glock. I had my fun with other toys and messed with 1911's for a minute and then got to missing capacity and light weight. Bought gen 3's in 26 19 and 17. Not a single problem with any. There is a reason they still make the gen3 IMO. Just my experience not saying all gen 4 are bad or have issues.

5. CaseyPhoenix

CaseyPhoenix New Member

Gen 3 all the way. You can't beat it.

6. msup752

msup752 New Member

I have a gen 4 19 and gen3 17. I like the grip of the 19 better and I had my first FTF in 1300+ rounds (mostly reloads) which was a stovepipe. The gen4 reliability issues are long gone. If you don't like the gen4 grip, gen 3 will do just fine.

7. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Cant go wrong with either one. Gen4 comes with an extra mag. So basically the price is about the same.

8. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

my gen3 came with an extra mag.

9. okdonk

okdonk New Member

I meant gen4 comes with 3 mags while gen3 comes with 2.

10. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I have a Gen 2, Gen 3 and Gen 4. My favorite is my Gen 4 G23 which is the same form factor as the G19.

I wouldn't say you got the better gun but nothing wrong with the Gen 3, I'm not getting rid of my older Glocks.

11. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

your right my bad.............

12. RogerH

RogerH New Member

i have the gen 3 19 i didn't like the gen 4 the texture on the grips eather back strap just made me think of 1911 . i just like my glocks to look like glocks. the gen 3 is what i like to each his or her own i guess. im old and dont like change if it works don't fix it

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012