glock 19 slide on glock 33 frame

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by fadisahouri, May 20, 2014.

1. fadisahouri

fadisahouri New Member

i put glock 19 slide withe 19 barrel on 33 frame and i put dummy rounds and it cycle but do u think i shood try to shoot with it?
    ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1400583984.118401.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

2. nchunt101

nchunt101 New Member

To be short no and I have no idea why anyone would think this would be a good idea.

3. jreis

jreis New Member

Is there a mechanical reason why you'd think it wouldn't be a good idea? Or just a general "if it's not made to be put together that way then you shouldn't do it!" kind of bad idea? There is absolutely no difference in any of the mechanical facets of the frame to slide fitment, feed system or FCG that would disallow this from working. A general issue in this confoguration, might lead to voiding your warranty, though.

4. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Well, I can give you half of the answer. The G19 barrel will work on the subcompact frame but I can't say for sure about the slide but I suspect it will. Instead, to fire 9mm in your G33 why not just use the G19 barrel in your G33 (using the G33 frame, slide and recoil spring).

I use the same 4" Lone Wolf 40-9mm conversion barrel in my G23 and G27 with no problems since their Glock barrels are the same except for 1/2" toward the muzzle. (Now the 4.5" barrel of a G22 will not fit in the compact or subcompact frame.) The frames of the G27 and G33 are the same so I can't see why the G19 barrel wouldn't work in your G33.

Still, triple check everything before trying it!!!

5. nchunt101

nchunt101 New Member

Glock 17, 17L, 22, 24, 31, 34, 35, 37 = same frame
    Glock 19, 23, 25, 32, 38 = same frame
    Glock 26, 27, 28, 33, 39 = same frame
    Glock 20, 21 = same frame
    Glock 29, 30 = same frame

6. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

I wouldn't shoot my 19 slide on my 26 frame. Not sure teh trigger bars and firing pin blocks line up right.

They're your guns and your hands at risk. Do what ya want. (somewhere away from others)

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  7. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

NO! This has catastrophic failure written all over it.

8. mopowerbmx

mopowerbmx New Member

Hey guys watch this!!!

9. Quentin

Quentin New Member

One thing I can "see" happening is the slide's guide rod tang slamming into the frame/dust cover. That wouldn't be good! (The exact opposite of dropping your slide on its guide rod tang.)

Swapping just the G19 barrel into the G33 frame should be harmless to you and the gun. And of course give you cheaper trigger time with your subcompact.

10. fadisahouri

fadisahouri New Member

thanks everyone for the replys i will listn to you and i wont shoot it, i tried the glock 19 barrel it fits but the barrel is .02" smaller and there is more space between the barrel and the frame do you think its ok to shoot it withe glock 19 barrel?

11. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Oh yeah, that IS a sloppy fit! I forgot since I use the Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel that's thicker to fit the bigger hole in the 40S&W or .357 Sig. slide. I can highly recommend the Lone Wolf plus it allows you to shoot lead bullets since it has standard rifling.

12. fadisahouri

fadisahouri New Member

what if i just only wanna use it for the range do i need to buy new lone wolf barrel or can i shoot it withe the glock 19 barrel , i just wanna know if it may hurt the gun
    thanks again

13. Vincine

Vincine New Member

14. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I'd get the conversion barrel, it's about $100 and won't hurt your Glock. With the stock 9mm barrel flopping around, at the least accuracy wouldn't be good.

15. nchunt101

nchunt101 New Member

No,,,,,,,,,,

16. oO_Rogue_Oo

oO_Rogue_Oo New Member

The breech face on the G33 slide is larger than the Breech face on the G19; also I highly doubt barrel locking into battery will be consistent round to round; you'll end up hammering the gun into a rounded mess. Go for the conversion barrel and save yourself some grief in the long run.