Glock 19 or Walther PPQ?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by eastby, Aug 19, 2012.

1. eastby

eastby New Member

I have been all set on getting a LEO/blue label Glock 19 with my GSSF coupon for the past several months until I started reading (and You Tubing) about the Walther PPQ. Everything I've seen and heard is that the PPQ is amazing. I haven't been able to shoot the PPQ yet because none of the local ranges have it. PPQs are also sold out everywhere, and Walther is quitting their distribution agreement with S&W. QUESTION: I got 500 bucks. I can get a LEO/GSSF G19 with night sights for $500 -- or I can get a discounted (but brand new) stock Walther PPQ for $500. Which one should I get?

2. okdonk

okdonk New Member

My personal experience with Walther was only friend's P22. Then decided to get Ruger SR22 instead, arriving monday at my LGS.
    But i'm a huge fan of Glock. G19 Gen4 was my first handgun. So far it had brought home his other 3 friends.
    If i were you, deciding between those 2 which both have the same price tag, i'd definitely go with the Glock.
    Just my 2cents..

3. yogiboobooranger

yogiboobooranger New Member

This is a GLOCK forum!! So with that said, go GLOCK!!

4. GaryGlock

GaryGlock New Member

I second this.

5. mdauben

mdauben New Member

I'm definitely a Glock man, but I would still say wait until you can handle both and see which one feels better in your hands. The are each excellent guns.

Or just buy a Glock. ;)

6. Vincine

Vincine New Member

This^. Some traveling may be required. Perhaps a dealer can let someone they've sold a Walther to know of your interest. S&W/Walther should be able to provide a list of dealers.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  7. KeysKelly

KeysKelly New Member

Personally I don't care for Glock or Walther but of the two I would say Walther.

Now that is just my opinion. Both Glock and Walther are very common guns and most ranges will rent them. Your best thing to do is rent them both and shoot them side by side to determine which one you shoot best and performs the best for your style of shooting. That is the best gun for you.

8. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

the Walther PPQ does fit my hand better than the Glock, so for me the choice would be the Walther. but for you, it may be the Glock. you need to handle both to get the feel for them and then make a decision. what feels right to me or someone else may not be right for you.

9. eastby

eastby New Member

Thanks guys for all the input. I'm going with the G19 because I'm very familiar with it and I've shot it. As great as the reviews have been on the PPQ, I have no personal experience with it. And since I can't find a PPQ anywhere to handle or shoot, I can't drop 5 bills on it -- even if it is a better gun.

10. yogiboobooranger

Good Choice..and it is the better gun because it is Glock!!

11. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

This thread makes me want to hurl,my ppq will eat a g19 fot breakfast 8 days a week

12. yogiboobooranger

Thanks for the smile

Your quote made me smile!!

13. downsouth

downsouth New Member

I've shot jstrongs ppq and it is a very sweet gun. I seem to be more accurate with that gun than any other semi auto handgun. Oh yea, the walther doesn't look like a milled brick either. That should make every bit of differance.

14. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

It's still not that much of a looker,but It sure shoots nice.

15. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Maybe not but glocks are sooo damned UGLY.

16. yogiboobooranger

Mods I think this thread has been jacked enough by Glock Haters who like to reach some sort of high coming into a Glock forum and making rude remarks. What do you say we lock this thread.

17. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Lighten up ! Nobody hates glocks, I damn sure don't one pointed at me.

18. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Im a huge fan of Glocks. But i respect and admire other makers and models. And no reason to say this or that ugly. Only childish does that.
    Yes should lock and close this thread.

19. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

I'm on the app on my phone so I didn't notice it was in a glock section,sorry to come in yalls house and start pissing on your furniture. I just hate to see the Walther get short sold when IMO its a much superior gun and the only argument for the other option is "because it's a Glock". Not trying to hate,in fact my next purchase will be a glock30sf,but even though the glock 17 was revolutionary in its day... Glock now in my opinion is really just another gun,that doesn't really bring anything special to the range bag other than simplicity that other handguns also do now.

20. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

Because its a glock means nothing.