glock 19 magazine

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Mack g17, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Mack g17

Mack g17 New Member

Is it OK to leave my 15 round magazine loaded all the time with all 15 rounds?

2. Engine5truck

Engine5truck New Member

Yes. It is perfectly fine

3. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

It's even ok to leave it in the gun with number 16 in the pipe.

...assuming no one else has access to it.

Tack

4. Mack g17

Mack g17 New Member

Thanks! This is my 1st pistol and your response is appreciate.

5. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

I like to have my range magazines and my carry magazines. My range mags are always empty unless I'm using them at the range and my carry mags are always full. I don't rotate rounds or have any elaborate system of removing the rounds on any schedule. Every now and then I shoot out the carry ammo that is in the carry mags and replace it with fresh ammo, though.

Keeping them loaded causes no damage, no wear, and doesn't ruin the spring.

To piggyback on Tack's comment, My guns are either absolutely totally loaded with one in the pipe ready to rock and roll...or...totally empty without even a mag in the frame. Then I always know: mag in equals loaded and ready to fire...mag out equals unloaded.

6. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

A Glock 19 was my first pistol, too. I stored it in a GunVault Deluxe next to my bed. Congratulations on your first pistol! And welcome to FTF!

7. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Learned well have you young Skywalker...MMHM

8. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

www.gunsprings.com/faq spring set is a concern in high cap mags due to light springs for long term storage.

9. nickel1911

nickel1911 New Member

Good link. Thanks

10. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

yah i think its a common misconseption that spring set cannot occure.

11. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

The Wolff link sounds a little self-serving. I suppose the best idea is to shoot every magazine every now and then to keep an eye on them.

12. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

agree with that but that was the best link i could find there are others but i already had that one saved in my favorites i have a couple books that talk about spring set also i would have to dig them out of my shed though. the one i do remember is the tactical 1911 written by dave lauck he talks about spring set briefly in regards to 1911 magazines.regardless if it is self serving it has good information that one could use without buying there product.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  13. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I usually rotate the mags once a month with the loaded mags and the range mags.