Glock 19 Gen 4 legal in MA?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Want_Glock19, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Want_Glock19

Want_Glock19 New Member

Hey guys,

I'm a MA resident looking to purchase a new 4th Gen Glock 19.
    I emailed my local police Lt. who sent me a link to the MA gov site showing Glocks on the approved list.

http://www.mass.gov/eopss/docs/chsb/firearms/approved-weapons-roster-4-2012.pdf

I have no idea why gun stores are not willing to sell these guns to us?
    Can someone tell my why this is?
    If these really are legal then can someone direct me to how i can legally buy one.

Thanks in advance.

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

You're asking the question nobody can answer. They are on the approved roster but the attorney general's non-existant list says you can't sell them. An ffl was recently just denied their renewal due to selling non-ma compliant guns so even those who are normally willing to sell glocks aren't right now.
    The real kicker is that they use consumer protection laws to deny the sale or glocks. Yet they allow police officers to carry said unsafe firearms on duty.
    Where are the lawsuits???

3. Want_Glock19

Want_Glock19 New Member

Oh ok, now it all makes sense to me... Everyone is right when they say MA is a state with ridiculous gun laws.

4. ljhglock

ljhglock New Member

Do you like the new glock dark earth or all black

5. Want_Glock19

Want_Glock19 New Member

Hard to decide but I'd go with the traditional all black.
    When I was a kid I used to have my airsoft Glock19 in black, so I'd like to pay tribute to it with the real gun :)

6. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Get the black and if you decide otherwise later you can have it duracoated.

7. bostonscottkelly

bostonscottkelly New Member

I also live in mass & am a Glock fan.....any Glock purchased from an Ffl dealer has to be made before 1996 which pretty much means all Glock sold here are gen 1 or 2 & they are usually overpriced.....I have a gen 2 Glock 21 & 17....both in amazing condition but it took a while to find them online out of state & had them shipped to a local Ffl dealer....check out four seasons gun shop.....great to deal with & usually a good selection of used glocks

8. Merkava_4

Merkava_4 New Member

Maybe MA has a law like CA does: the Magazine Disconnect Safety Device (MDSD) law. The device is configured so that if you disconnect the magazine from the pistol, you can't fire the round left in the chamber. All 4th Gen Glocks are off roster in CA for that reason.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  9. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

All glocks are on the approved roster in Ma. They are not on the attorney general's imaginary list however. Very few ffls are willing to challenge the farce that is set in place and sell glocks. The latest news that I have received is that the consumer protection agency's list is the only legal list. We will sell glocks.

10. MoreAltitude

MoreAltitude New Member

I have nothing to add to this thread except that it came as quite a shock to me, thank you for posting. I'm ignorant of a lot of things, but I had no idea that this type of gun control was being implemented in other parts of the country (Florida here). What type of criteria do they use to pick the winners and losers of this ridiculous stance on personal handguns?

11. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

The CPA has a series of tests that the gun must pass at the cost of the manufacturer as well as have certain "safety features". Once the firearm passes the attorney general then supposedly has the final say in whether it can be sold or not. Yep, you heard right, the manufacturer can have all the safety features and spend up to $50k per gun for testing, pass all the tests and still not be allowed to sell the firearm in this state because the attorney general says so.
    Lmfao talk about interference of commerce.

12. LibertyArms

LibertyArms New Member

I am willing to take this on...

I posted on northeastshooters.com about constitutional law challenges I would like to start bringing in this state, that can have enormous ramifications nationwide. Please let me know if you are interested in learning more. I am discussing this with state and national firearm organizations.

13. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I would be interested in knowing more. I know that our local second amendment advocacy groups are essentially useless. I put paperwork in front of them showing that distributors were denying the sale of black powder guns to ffls claiming they were non ma compliant based on fear of the attorney general's office. They did nothing.

14. LibertyArms

LibertyArms New Member

Mountainman and all others here:

I don't want to take any traffic away from this forum but for the sake of brevity I am posting this link to what I posted on NorthEastShooters.com. Please let me know if you think it would be better that I start an new thread here.

Regards,
    Alex

15. TAC1971

TAC1971 New Member

Glock 19 4th Generation

My cousin just bought a New/Used Glock 19 4th Generation from Zero Hour Arms Gun Store in Easton MA. They charged him $1,000. because he was new to the scene. Seems like a HUGE RIP OFF to me...Your Thoughts? They also charged him $80. for 320 rounds of .22 Ammo. Now that I know is a HUGE RIP OFF. I would buy a stick of gum off these ass's as they are raping their customers hard. Thoughts?

16. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

A thousand bucks for a Glock?? He needs a proctologist stat!

They are good guns, but not over $600 and that is high in my opinion.

17. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

$1000 is insane. They typically run in the $700 area if you can find an ffl that will sell them. Most will not for fear of the attorney generals office. The price for. 22 is also over the top but most places around here don't have any.

18. cblowe13

cblowe13 New Member

You can get those new for 550 in sc but of course you have those selling for 700 used! I would take that gun back and ask where the 5 gen is with it for that price