glock 19 carry

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by karateguy28, Nov 6, 2012.

1. karateguy28

karateguy28 New Member

hello all. i will finally be concealed carrying in about a month(damn philadelphia ccw permit is a PITA!) i have heard nothing but good things about the glock 19 and am highly considering making it my weapon of choice for now. i have experience with several types of handguns (sig sp2022, beretta 92fs, sig p238) i love sigs. the p238 i am making my BUG. my question is: since i am new to the realm of carrying, what would be the most appropriate/comfortable way to carry a glock 19 concealed in your opinion? i am 5'8, 130 lbs. i am very lean (i am very active with tennis, running). i live in philadelphia with my gf. i work night shifts at a hospital (i cant carry in the hospital as an employee). thanks for any and all input!

2. karateguy28

karateguy28 New Member

oh, i forgot, i could use some names of holsters with the associated carry positions recommended! thank you!

3. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

I'm 6' 290#. I carry IWB @5:00. Not sure if it would be comfortable for a skinny guy.

Alot of my thinner peers tend to AIWB. (Appendix Inside The Waistband)

Check out WWW.Williamsgunleather.com

4. gladesbassin

gladesbassin New Member

I'm 6' 190 and I'm comfortable carrying my 19. I carry at a 4:30-5oclock position. I carry mine in a foxxholsters.com trapp. I also have a Blackhawk serpa which is owb. If I were you I would check out Blackhawk hybrid Holsters or whitehat since I've never really heard anything bad about em but most companies offer some sort of hybrid holster but it really depends on if you want all leather or a hybrid.

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I'm 5'10" and I carry a 20.

Attached Files:

6. Cthuga

Cthuga New Member

7. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Inside the waistband right behind my hip. Crossbreed is comfy.

8. karateguy28

karateguy28 New Member

thank you all for the responses!!

9. Glockluster

Glockluster New Member

i carry a glock 19 pretty much daily and i use a N82 tactical holster, worth checking out.

10. karateguy28

karateguy28 New Member

what do you like/dislike about it and how do you carry? thanks.

11. cmc0108

cmc0108 New Member

Ive heard nothing but good things about ccw in philly...i have a few friends with them. I live only 30 minutes away in montgomery county and got it in 20 minutes.

I'm 6' 180 and carry my glock iwb at 5:00. I use a galco holster that I absolutely hate...but waiting for my don hume to get here.

12. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

I carry my GLOCK 35 in a N82 pro tactical IWB at 3:00. I love the holster and it is very comfortable. The other holster in the pic is a Blackhawk serpa OWB.

image-306708269.jpg

13. Glockluster

Glockluster New Member

i dunno if i consider this a dislike but you have to twist the gun toward your body slightly to draw, however after a little practice you don't notice it. I really love how comfortable it is. I carry at 4o'clock.

14. danolator

danolator New Member

I am a lefty. G19. Crossbreed Super Tuck. 8:30. Great IWB holster.

15. GaryGlock

GaryGlock New Member

I carry my 19 in a cheap nylon Blackhawk at 1, IWB.

16. Kraj

Kraj New Member

I carry my 19 everyday in a cross breed, behind my right hip. Even in a timely shirt as long as I'm not bending over nobody notices.

17. kodiak

kodiak Member

I conceal carry the 19 OWB in a RCS holster.

18. Dizzll

Dizzll New Member

I can tell you 100% MTAC or Crossbreed holster for that gun at 3-5 o clock.

19. purplexj

purplexj New Member

I'm glad this was already posted, I'm about the same size and am looking for a holster for my new G19 as well. Thanks!

20. karateguy28

karateguy28 New Member

i've heard a lot about the crossbreed and the n82 tactical and have read nothing but good things about them!