Glock 17 Gen 4 - (New Poster)

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by TheRooster, Apr 16, 2010.

1. TheRooster

TheRooster New Member

Whats going on guys, I'm a new poster after doing some more research on the firearm I purchased. I have a factory fresh Glock 17 Generation 4. Unfortunately I was not able to do the first firing session (I know). I allowed the godfather of my child to go ahead and try it out while I was searching for apartments. We're both Marines so I'm confident in his shooting capabilities of just about any firearm.

What was reported back to me did not meet my expectations. FTF a few times, he said he changed his grip a little bit, clasping the bottom end of the magazine and never saw the problem again but I'm skeptical that this would be the source.

Research has me on the theory about the double spring matching the Glocks higher caliber in the same Generation. Supposidly the .40 and 9mm are identical which may cause the issue. He was using federal's not sure on grain but I'm thinking about going to the range today if time permits and using some extra pressure ammo and multiple magazines paired up with ammunition varients as well to fully isolate the problem.

This is my first privately owned pistol, I'd be very dissapointed to see that it was a genuine gun problem rather than a jarhead mistake he could have made or ammunition.

Any theories on the issue or is everyone going on the google bandwagon?

Thanks

2. User Name

User Name New Member

Which do you have the 9 or the .40? Also NOT true, the .40 has a more reinforced chamber. Almost all the glocks that I have seen with problems though are the .40's.

3. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

There have been a few issues posted in the past few days about the G17 Gen 4. Seems the Perfection has gone away.:eek:
    :D

4. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Nobody has said it yet so let me politely as you to Please swing by the introductions section and tell us a little about yourself.

5. The_Rican

The_Rican New Member

Well I have a glock 23 .Gen 4, .40 cal and I am very happy with it. I did have a FTF when I first try it but I am pretty sure that I did something wrong. I haven't have a problem since, about 700 rds. Just give a try and let us know your results.

6. Surftaco

Surftaco New Member

Ive fired 300 rounds through my New Gen4 Glock 17 without a hitch!

Don't fall into the BS hype that is circling the internet!

I used 115gr 9mm Federals from Wal-mart!

I havent even cleaned it yet! No cleaning prior to shooting either!

7. User Name

User Name New Member

Well you should have cleaned it before you shot it, and you should definatly clean it now. Even if the glock dosent really need it, its soooo easy to do and its good practice to really take care of your firearms. Plus I feel it lets me know more about my weapon when I can take it apart, clean it and put it back together.

I have a glock 19 and I LOVE it.

8. User Name

User Name New Member

Look, I have seen you posting up alot kinda dissing glocks, im NOT dissing the Sigma, its a good gun. But it is pretty much the exact copy of a glock 19 minus the trigger assembly. So if you diss glock you are dissing your own gun too... My best friend has the sigma and I have a G19. I like the glock better because the the trigger. Plus the underbarrel mount rail on the sigma looks cheap.

9. TheRooster

TheRooster New Member

Update: everything worked great, 400 rds no problem with 115 grain pmc's.

Great gun, and a great group at 20yds. I am very pleased.

USER: Did you post at Rm, BB, or Bw by chance? Your name is very familier.

10. User Name

User Name New Member

RM, BB, BW??? Whats that. Since I dont know what it is, I probably havent.

11. SheepDog

SheepDog New Member

Question for those of you that have shot 3rd and 4th gen Glocks: Can you notice a real difference? Does the gun live up to it's claims of being more controllable during rapid fire, etc?

12. TheRooster

TheRooster New Member

I certainly think so

13. The_Rican

The_Rican New Member

I think it does.