Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need some suggestions! I'm a 5"3 135lb petiteish woman, I have a glock 17..which I know is big, but I do have large hands for my size. My problem is concealing. I've been looking for shoulder holsters but they all seem to be for men. Love to find something for petite woman.
I'm willing to spend on comfort and quality! And I'm in PA where I can conceal and open carry.
Summertime I do tend to dress a little scantily clad at times lol

Thank you!
Also glad I found this, hope to find good info and advice.

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
need some suggestions! I'm a 5"3 135lb petiteish woman, I have a glock 17..which I know is big, but I do have large hands for my size. My problem is concealing. I've been looking for shoulder holsters but they all seem to be for men. Love to find something for petite woman.
I'm willing to spend on comfort and quality! And I'm in PA where I can conceal and open carry.

Thank you!
Welcome aboard from AZ!

The 17 is considered full size or duty size. May be hard for a lot of folks to conceal. If you are set on it , potentially use a belly band, and rotate the sidearm until it is under your weakside armpit. This would be a crossdraw, but probably the most concealed all things considered.
Here is one i use...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@MamaD - welcome to the community.

Undertech makes undershirts for men and women. I wear the men's tank top and have concealed a Glock 17 successfully. Undertech also makes other garments that may work for you.
If you don't mind me asking, frame size? I know the glock 19 and 17 are damn near same, but when reading i read its still best for aim and recoil, so I went with that. Spent 800 so I definitely want to put it to use and carry it!

·
Supporting Member
11,988 Posts
MAMA
A Model 17 unfortunately is a fairly large pistol to conceal and especially for your Petite size. I know this is not the answer you are looking for but in the future you might want to consider a Glock Model 43. Much, Much, easier to conceal and still is a 9MM.
Only a thought!

Reactions: winds-of-change

·
Registered
232 Posts
MAMA
A Model 17 unfortunately is a fairly large pistol to conceal and especially for your Petite size. I know this is not the answer you are looking for but in the future you might want to consider a Glock Model 43. Much, Much, easier to conceal and still is a 9MM.
Only a thought!
No disrespect intended but bg her own description sat 5,9 195lbs shes about the same size as a lot of the men here.

That said its unlikely you will hide a glock 17 when " scantily glad" unless you use a fanny pack holster.

Jeans and a t shirt try a n82 original model holster.
Or a blade tech holster.
Both have lifetime warranties. The Bladetech can be configured for IWB, OWB, fbi cant or not. left or right hand carry.

·
Registered
232 Posts
@Wolfspirit.....that's me, not @MamaD. MamaD's original post included
Oooopssss. Sorry MamaD. Its Old Gnomes fault.

My late wife was 5,5 130. She carried a Ruger sr9c daily. The sr9c is about the same size as a Glock 26. She used an n82 except if she wore shorts and a top that didnt cover her belly or was skin tight. Then she used a fanny pack holster.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts

Thank you!
Welcome from frosty west Texas!
The Glock 17 was not really intended for concealed carry, but is more of a service pistol (open carry) that Law Enforcement folks might use. I can understand your wishing to use and carry after making the investment into the pistol, but it may be a bit more than you desire in the end. While I wish you the best of luck trying to work out a suitable carry for the 17, I suspect you will find it much more comfortable and thereby doable to seek out a smaller and slimmer pistol for carry.

·
Supporting Member
11,988 Posts
Wolf

Where in the "H" did you get her at 5'9" 195 lbs.
Oh I found out! I believe that is Old Gnome's description.
You better be careful MOMA D is probably wanting to personally whip up on your "Arrrrs" for that description of her"! :p
You better be glad she is not close!:rolleyes:

Reactions: Wolfspirit

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
MamaD I’m from Pa also and we don’t really prohibit open carry but unless you have a conceal carry permit it’s awkward to take your gun anywhere as you can be arrested for having a loaded gun in your car. Pa regulations are unclear as to open carry and city laws are definitely against it. Having said that I know a girl that loves her LC9 Ruger.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No disrespect intended but bg her own description sat 5,9 195lbs shes about the same size as a lot of the men here.

That said its unlikely you will hide a glock 17 when " scantily glad" unless you use a fanny pack holster.

Jeans and a t shirt try a n82 original model holster.
Or a blade tech holster.
Both have lifetime warranties. The Bladetech can be configured for IWB, OWB, fbi cant or not. left or right hand carry.
Yea, well I am 33 this month, so I will probably tone down this summer on my clad lol.

I saw rhis, I'm thinking this, or ill just open carry 🤷‍♀️ men around here tend to really try hard to make woman uncomfortable lol maybe that will help.

But ill definitely be getting more 9mm, I really love glock!

As to the rest ,thank you all for your inputs! If any petite ladies run across this , I'd love to hear from you!

The fire arm basically takes up my entire stomach length haha.
My hand size is seriously nice tho, my husband is 6"3 and
MamaD I’m from Pa also and we don’t really prohibit open carry but unless you have a conceal carry permit it’s awkward to take your gun anywhere as you can be arrested for having a loaded gun in your car. Pa regulations are unclear as to open carry and city laws are definitely against it. Having said that I know a girl that loves her LC9 Ruger.
haha yep no worries, I have my permit.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
With a tube top and hoochie shorts a fanny pak holster is about the only option. I know its not always a good idea..but us ladies do have the purse option.. Or..i carry a small gym bag to work..that stays in my locker. I rotate my CC gun inventory. Today im carrying my 92FS.. Its kinda heavy..not a great summer option.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
With a tube top and hoochie shorts a fanny pak holster is about the only option. I know its not always a good idea..but us ladies do have the purse option.. Or..i carry a small gym bag to work..that stays in my locker.
Haha I did end up going with a bag. I have never used a bag for anything, but now I did lol its pretty awesome tho,and comes with a little side pocket and holster inside. Also went with belly band for if I do decide to open,since I rarely wear jeans anyways haha.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts