Glock 17 C

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Magnum27, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Magnum27

Magnum27 New Member

I am new to guns so I apologize if this is really dumb. What is the reason to get the 17c over the regular 17. I know it is compensated but is it worth it and what is the typical price difference. Also what are the benefits. Thanks in advance!!!

2. NvRbanArms

NvRbanArms New Member

Just get the 19 if u want a 9mm. Full size then go for the 21. Bad mother effer.

3. NvRbanArms

NvRbanArms New Member

This my glock 21.

Attached Files:

4. NvRbanArms

NvRbanArms New Member

And that's what he eats

Attached Files:

5. MrWray

MrWray New Member

The compensation is supposed to tone down the recoil a tad bit, i used to have a 23c and i couldnt tell any difference in recoil. The compensated version will be louder than the non compensated version and the ported barrel will produce a "V" shaped flame at night which can affect your night vision when using certain ammo. The 9mm doesnt recoil that much to begin with so its really just about personal preference

6. Magnum27

Magnum27 New Member

Thanks for the info. I think I will go 40 or 45 for my second gun. That is why I wanted to figure out to get a Glock 17 or 17c. Thanks for the input on the 21. I am going to shoot one next time out.

7. Magnum27

Magnum27 New Member

Good info - thanks. I think I will probably go with the standard 17.

8. NvRbanArms

NvRbanArms New Member

Then once u get bored with that. Pick up one of these bad boys. Cost me 420.00 total.

Attached Files:

9. NvRbanArms

NvRbanArms New Member

Always gotta have one of these also.

Attached Files:

10. msup752

msup752 New Member

I have a G17c and it is a lot of fun with fast shooting.
    I carry a G19 though for the size. The porting also reduces velocity so bullet speeds in both guns are roughly the same even with the barrel length differences.

11. nyycanseco33

nyycanseco33 New Member

I also have a G17c and the purpose of the compensators is to reduce recoil which it does regardless of you not noticing... To tell this just go shoot 100+ rounds with a compensated and compare by shooting a non compensated... Your arm won't be as tired and have shooters fatigue when using the compensated... It discharges the gas created through both the vents and the end of the barrel instead of everything just through the end of the barrel - results in less muzzle flip for even more rapid firing (preferred by those in competitions for that reason)