Global warming in north Texas

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by lonyaeger, Feb 12, 2010.

1. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Biggest snowfall in recorded history in the D/FW area.

Attached Files:

2. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Did you take that picture?

Beautiful.

3. suprdave

suprdave New Member

Al Gore is pissed right about now...

4. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I did, thanks, I'm kind of a buff. :D

5. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Well I poached it for my wallpaper
    No copy right I hope.

6. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Be my guest, I'm flattered!

7. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Maybe it's warm snow?

8. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Before you claim to have debunked Global Warming you should really research it. I found articles as old as 1996 that state that "Global Warming" will disrupt weather patterns and cause more extreme weather both in the summer and winter. I can also site sources on both sides of the issue that state you cannot prove or disprove this looking at only one or even just a few years worth of data.

Weather = what's happening in an area at the time or in a short window of time.
    Climate = long term trends of what is occurring.

Whoever decided to call it Global Warming was trying to get a reaction out of people in it backfired. It's better described as Global Climate change. I don't try to pretend that I know if it was man-made or not but I do believe the Climate has been and is changing quite drastically in our lifetimes.

9. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

10. SigGambler

SigGambler New Member

Enjoy! Yours will be gone before ours is and that makes me jealous!

11. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Snowing in Atlanta as we speak, I hope it doesn't make it further South...

12. Last Crow

Last Crow New Member

I have read a lot on global warming over the last few years. This is a good place to start.
    The `Hockey Stick':
    A New Low in Climate Science
    by John L. Daly
    The Hockey Stick: A New Low in Climate Science
    Another good source is DR Roy Spencer.
    Roy Spencer, Ph. D.

13. orangello

orangello New Member

We had a few inches of snow here in MS; it is pretty. It didn't create any significant driving hazards, yet, but a hard freeze is expected tonight.

My cat looked very very confused when it went outside.
    [​IMG]
    ;)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  14. user4

user4 New Member

All this "climate change" is what we in the NW call "Seasons". we got winter, spring, summer, and fall. It's cat's and dogs living together. Summer gets all hot and we strip down to our skivvys, the all of a sudden 6 months later we get all cold and go "Brrrrrrrrr.....Lord why have you forsaken us!"

Freakin retards:rolleyes:

15. suprdave

suprdave New Member

A true wordsmith at work...

16. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Yunus I do respect you and all. But Global climate change has been happening since the earth was born umpteen billion years ago. The earth is alway in a state of flux. Did man have something to do with it sure we are pumping bad things into the air water adn soil. Is man the only cause HELL NO. Just like Ca spending millions of dollars monitoring cow farts it is a bunch of hippy tree huggin BULL FARTS.

If there is no climate change how the hell did we get an ice age? How did the earth heat up once again after that and melt the ice layers that were covering the globe almost down to the tropics?

Your global climate change has changed the average temp in the USA 1 single degree in over 100 years. That is not really global climate change to me.

I know your the most liberal of us here man but stop believing Al Gore. Mr I invented the internet. I wish someone would just stick a ball in his mouth and beat him till he admits global warming is fake.

17. canebrake

canebrake New Member

[​IMG]
    .........^ Spotted Owl Gore living his dream!

18. Last Crow

Last Crow New Member

Yes it has gotten warmer over the last 20,000 years.
    DNR

19. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Didn't really mean to start a political discussion, but have at it.
    [​IMG]

20. flyingbrickracing

flyingbrickracing New Member

"I know your the most liberal of us here man but stop believing Al Gore. Mr I invented the internet. I wish someone would just stick a ball in his mouth and beat him till he admits global warming is fake"-cpttango30

If he has a ball in his mouth nobody wouldn be able to hear him admit global warming is fake so they'ed just keep beating on him...............not that it would bother me or anything.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010