global arms AR in 5.56

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by mountainman13, Aug 24, 2012.

1. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Anyone know anything about them or am I gonna be the first here?

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

honestly never heard of em till i clicked your post...

3. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Website does not have any specs. readily available.

Call and get the details on their builds, post it for the rest of us to discuss.

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Sorry. I got a healthy dose of nothing for you on this one. :confused:

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Guess I'll have to post a bunch of pics and range reports when I get it. All I know is they're 100% mil-spec and I think they use PSA lowers with their rollmark.

6. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Global Arms? I hope that's not true, it better be made in the USA! :D

Never heard of them either...

7. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I believe their home base is California.

8. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I sent the owner an email about 10 minutes ago. Already got a reply. He said he will be getting a new spec sheet with my AR as they have changed (upgraded I assume). I will have post all the info I get in about 2 weeks when it comes in.

9. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Refreshing the thread. Should have the gun this week. I believe he gets them into the shop in pieces. If so I may end up being the one putting it together. I'll post detailed pics if that's the case.

10. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Guns came in today. They didn't have buffers. They should be in tomorrow. I'll post pics once I have a functioning rifle.

11. JonM

JonM Moderator

from your description it sounds like he is an assembler. im interested to see a parts list of what went into it and a range report!!

what sight system are you planning on?? irons or optic or rds??

12. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I'll be starting with irons (carry handle). After I fix the jammed shotgun tomorrow I'll see about putting on my picantinny handguard. I'll be buying flip up sights and an eotech and magnifier. Couldn't believe the guns came in without buffers. Except for the "vietnam repro" 7.62. He offered to let me have that one but I'm already sitting on 5.56. Besides that its too much more money for me to take it. Lol

13. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I'm curious why you chose this guy when there are so many options out there. Hope all turns out well.

14. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Because he is just transferring into the civilian market. He makes 100% mil-spec guns for military and law enforcement and the owner was more than fair with me on every transaction. On top of that he hired me on as gunsmith and to run the shop.

15. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

That right there alone was worth it , jobs in general are hard to come by especially in a field that you really like and make a hobby of :)

16. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Yeah I'm loving it. He's a cool laidback guy. Even if I wasn't working there I'd hangout all day. We have a huge place. If all goes well we are working towards a mini kittery trading post type setup. We have enough room for an indoor archery range. The shooting range went out the window waaay too expensive.

17. Quentin

Quentin New Member

That's a great reason, at least you know him and have input to what goes in the rifle. At first it sounded different.

18. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Just have time for a teaser right now.

Attached Files:

19. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Got any barrel specs ?

20. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member