Glenfield Mailin 60

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by flyingbrickracing, May 27, 2009.

1. flyingbrickracing

flyingbrickracing New Member

Is there anything special about these? A local shop has one for 90.00 in pretty good shape,I've heard of them but never anything about them.
    I already have a marlin 60 I like very much and if there is anything to these rifles I would'nt mind adding it to the collection.
    I may do it anyway.

2. hillbilly68

hillbilly68 New Member

Was my first .22 auto loader. They are fairly cheaply made, painted receivers.. but fun to shoot. Probably worth 90 if they are in good shape. FWIW

3. JoshRushing

JoshRushing New Member

Theres alot of threads about them floating around.....

Personally one of my favorites, but it would have to be in real good shape for $90 considering new is around $130 or so.

4. flyingbrickracing

Thanks for the info
    I'll probably pass on it ..........but then again!

5. paperboy

paperboy New Member

The Glenfield 60's are great, they have the metal trigger guard that's plastic now....

6. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

Basically, the many of the Glenfield versions were made to be cheaper for the "Big Box" type stores like Sears, Firestone, & JC Penny, back in the day.

The typical Glenfield had Brass Bead front sight, standard rear sights, plain stock (no checkering), no swivels.
    Unlikely to have LSHO.

I'd haggle 'em down to $60-75 ;)

But if in nice condition, would be well worth $90 :)

7. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

For $90.00 it is a fair price. I would also ask if there is anything they could do on the price. Even a $5.00 savings makes it a good deal. Offer them $80.00 and buy a few boxes of ammo from them. BTW, it will shoot subsonic LR ammo and cycle. Great for the burbs.

8. flyingbrickracing

Holy crow,The prodigal Glenfield thread has found its was home.:D
    I did pass on it as I already had a model 60,but several other wayward rifles have made my rack home.

9. big shrek

I like having a Beater 60 around just in case someone needs to borrow a .22 for house-invading varmints... like mice/squirrel/cats/in-laws...

Plus you can play with different mods and never worry about loosing money on it ;)

10. flyingbrickracing

I can't beat my 60,I started playing with a couple of 80s and briefly concidered a used 70.
    I am a marlin 22 fan for life.

11. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

The Glenfield model 60 is the same as the Marlin model 60 with cheaper wood.

12. big shrek

I'd like to get my hands on a nice old 70 myself...I've got a 989M2 & a 795...
    but I wanna do that Bullpup Stock conversion ;)