Give me some unusual/cool 1911 accessory ideas

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by Marthor, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Marthor

Marthor New Member

I just bought the special Remington 1911 multi-tool and a parts diagram cleaning-mat for my 1911s. I have an itch to get something else but can't think of anything.

Already got the grips i want, manuals, holsters, various capacity magazines. Give me some unusual ideas for something else.

Thanks! :)

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Other than awesome grips, I think 1911's have a beauty of their own as they are. I wish I had one.

3. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Bayonet ... it's a must have! ;)

4. Marthor

Marthor New Member

That made me laugh out loud. Yes, I'm reaching for something.

I'm feeling maybe it should be a 1911 related clothing item... but not a T-shirt or ballcap.

5. ellwood45c

ellwood45c New Member

Conntact olympus about one of the 1911 knives they r pretty cool

6. Marthor

Marthor New Member

7. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Holsters! The sky is the limit on custom holsters. I have 3 full custom holsters with various exotic skins such as toad, croc, ring lizard, and ostrich leg.

8. Olympus

Olympus New Member

And there is always the 1911 knife that you can get to match your gun. Wanna go a step further and get grips on the knife to match the grips on your gun?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Bixemacher

Bixemacher New Member

Here's one I finished building 7 months ago. The knife I got at the '09 Shot Show in Vegas. Until recently that knife was taking up space in my parts locker.

Attached Files:

10. Marthor

Marthor New Member

[​IMG]

So, here's all the new 1911 items I got!

... cleaning mat, owner's guide, Remington 1911 multi-tool w/sheath, Blackhawk Serpa holster, Chip McCormick 10rd magazine and a 45acp necklace which is really nice.

11. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

[​IMG]

12. Marthor

Marthor New Member

Could always use more 45 acp cartridges. I plan on getting some this Saturday.

I had already ordered the mat, owner's guide & Rem multi-tool before I started this thread. On the Rem tool, everything fits in the sheath and it has all the tools you need to take apart a 1911. Since I have two Remington R1 1911s, the Rem tool compliments the set.

My favorite holster of all is my Beretta button retention so I ended up getting as close of holster to that as I could find. The Blackhawk Serpa also comes with a hip paddle for comfort if you want, but the picture shows the belt configuration. Button retention is a lot more quiet than friction retention and a lot easier/quicker to draw from than nylon holsters. I already had a few Chip 10rd mags, but added another because they are top-line awesome.

The necklace was the main idea I got from this thread. It's JHP too. It looks really cool when worn. :cool:

13. canebrake

canebrake New Member

As far as tools, the following are what I consider necessary to make working on 1911’s enjoyable. And yes, JMB would roll over in his grave seeing his brilliantly simple design being worked on with this collection of tools:

[​IMG]

1. Wheeler Bench Block MidwayUSA - Wheeler Engineering

Wheeler Engineering developed this tool specifically for the 1911 pattern pistol.

It is of tremendous help in 1911 maintenance. The special section for MSH (dis)assembly is worth the $15 cost alone.

It is a must-have!

[​IMG]

2. Caspian Pocket Smith II

3. General Tool Precision Needle Oiler

4. Squib Rod

5. Grace USA Brass Hammer

6. Wheeler Engineering Punch Set

7. Good HOLLOW GROUND screwdriver

8. Benchmade Folding Tool Kit Benchmade Folding Torx & Screwdriver Tool Kit w/ Knife Sharpener 985995F - Blade HQ

9. Curved Hemostat

10. Bushing Bit I got my bushing driver from Alan Smith @ SMITH & ALEXANDER, INC (800)722-1911

[​IMG]

Now if you want to splurge, take a look at the Roto-Stand.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C97kiwf33nU&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Pistol Vise[/ame]

Roto-Stand

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Cane- When you say "splurge" how big you mean & where is a good source?
    I like :)

[​IMG]

15. canebrake

canebrake New Member

16. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

17. JohnJak

JohnJak New Member

Training is the one I'd go with.