girsan 1911

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by CaseyChadwell, Feb 15, 2013.

1. CaseyChadwell

CaseyChadwell New Member

Any info on these in terms of reliability and accuracy? Thanks in advanced...

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Never heard of it. Can you give more info?
    Is it made overseas and re-named?

3. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

If I were in the market for a 45 for around $400, I would definitely try this one......

4. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Is that rail removable? Looks funny--

5. CaseyChadwell

CaseyChadwell New Member

Rail doesn't come off. Since I found that one I came across the metro arms commander and fell in love. I have read good things about them and think I may go that route and just spend the extra hundred bucks. Thoughts?

6. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

That would be a good choice. I own 2 of the metro Arms guns and they are great shooters.

7. CaseyChadwell

CaseyChadwell New Member

That's awesome news. I always feel better about making a purchase when I hear feedback from someone on here. I read a little bit about them on other threads, but I feel better bout listening to people on here...seems you all have your **** together a bit more.

8. maddoccanis

maddoccanis New Member

Aren't the Girsan Turkish?

9. qwiksdraw

qwiksdraw New Member

Ditto on the Metro Arms American Classic. My Government Model has over 1,000 rounds since I bought it last year. It has taken all kinds of ammo and all kinds of magazines (cheap to name brand ) and has never so much as given a hiccup. I don't think you can find a better gun, just a more expensive one.

10. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

I believe they tell you where they're made in the video. I do think it's Turkey.

11. CaseyChadwell

CaseyChadwell New Member

The girsans are Turkish made.