Gigantic Modern Firearm Thread!!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Dillinger, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

This one's easy friends. Just post what your favorite firearm(s) are and what your experience is with them.

You see, we have too much political crap without any real focus on firearms. It's Firearms TALK folks....

You came here, presumably, because you wanted to talk about weapons and tactics and hunting and reloading and collecting.

You didn't come here because you LOVE controversy, you have enough drama in your real life if you are like most of the folks here.

So, here's my short list.

Nighthawk AAC with an Osprey .45 Suppressor - Just got the suppressor approved and it's awesome!
    JD built AR-15 in 5.56, 18" barrel, shoot sub-moa out past 300
    Mjolnir - My 7mm custom built "tactical" rig. I fear I am not allowed to devuldge how truly awesome this weapon is under the WMD act. ;)

What you got people? What do you have an absolutely LOVE to shoot and rub in your range mates faces when you spank their ass in a good old fashion shoot off???

JD

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

Got my S&W 65-2 and a MN 91/30. That's all for now. Love them both. Have determined my next will be a 1911 and the springfield is looking more and more attractive to my pocket book.

Favorite of all? M249 SAW. I've still got a callous on my pinkie from the way I hooked the pistol grip when I was in the service, and that was around 6 years ago.

3. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

IMHO, nothing better than lining up a SD rooster while looking down the barrel of my Benelli Montefeltro 20 gauge.

4. Hinermad

Hinermad New Member

My PSL. Cheap communist iron that shoots cheap communist lead, but it's a fun way to reach out and smack the snot out of something. 7.62x54R, semi-auto. Think of a Mosin-Nagant with a stutter.

Dave

5. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

My Mosin Nagant M91/30 and my Arisaka. My Arisaka has more sentimental value to it, because my grandfather brought it back from WWII. I shoot my Mosin much more often since the ammunition is so much cheaper and I personally love Russian firearms.

6. Gordo323

Gordo323 New Member

Tough question, I like them all but here goes..............

Rimfire - Browning Buckmark 7 3/8" barrel with Bushnell 2-6 scope, really pi$$es
    my son off when I outshoot his Henry .22 rifle! :D

Semi-auto pistol - My Sig Equinox .40. I can actually hit the target with it!

Revolver - Ruger Blackhawk .45 colt. Extremely accurate and infinite reloading
    possibilities with the cartridge.

Rifle - Rem 700 CDL, 7mm mag. bedded by stalkingbear, Nikon Monarch scope,
    reaches out and touches things.........very hard!

Semi -auto rifle - All my AR-15s of course!

Shotgun - Still shooting my dad's SBS 12 ga. Stevens 311, high bird kill count
    on this gun, and I hope to continue it's tally before giving it to a
    worthy son or grandson! :)

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Woah! You have an original, battlefield Ariska? Can you post some pics in the Bunker or something for the rest of us to drool at? *much respect*

Very cool!

JD

8. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

Yes sir. I believe it's a Type 38. I have the original bayonet, sheath, a boat load of original ammunition for it, and a Samurai Sword my grandfather brought back from WWII that I believe he took from an officer or something to that effect.

9. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Let's get some pictures rolling up in here. You know, for weapons you "lost in the boating accident".

Here is a Taurus 1911 I bought used and rebuilt for a friend. A local to the forum here, code name "sunuY", has test fired this weapon and it performed wonderfully.

Attached Files:

10. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Wow! That is a hell of inherited set! You are most lucky. Don't go shooting that barrel out, it needs to be loved and maintained in original form. ;)

Congrats!

JD

11. JonM

JonM Moderator

i love all my firearms but a few really bring a specialness to the range. my ruger mk3 with silencerco sparrow makes everyone who tries get a huge grin that takes days to wear off.

then there is my rra National Match AR15-A2 thats just about as accurate with open sights as most people are with a scope. i like shooting 300yards better groups than people with scoped rifles.

12. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I kinda like the 1911 platform

13. Gordo323

Gordo323 New Member

Here's the infamous Buckmark.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  14. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

My two favorites are my Ruger Blackhawk in 45 colt and of all things my Savage in 17 hmr.

15. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I have designs on an "Amphibian" designed Buckmark. Full bull barrel, suppressor built in and ready to cycle with basic ammo.

Really nice piece you got there. Love the knife, very similar to what we were testing with the Mora.

JD

16. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I love the design, dislike the mag release. Other than that, it's a perfect quiet work weapon and Ruger has been at the forefront FOR-EVAH!!

Very nice!

JD

17. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

Thank you, JD. I was once offered $1,000 for just the rifle and I turned it down in a heartbeat. I will never sell or get rid of what my grandfather brought back from WWII. My Arisaka, it's bayonet, sword, and sheaths will be a family heirloom. Would you like to hear the story of how my grandfather acquired the Arisaka?

18. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Is a frog's ass water tight? Yes. Absolutely! I am a HUGE reader of our countries' history and have an extensive library.

I do not think this is the thread however.

Perhaps you can start a "Famous Stories" thread in the Bunker or out of the public eye where we can share stories.

I personally have a Winchester 1873 in .44-.40 that my grandfather handed down and that is just one of his collection, just the most recognizable one.

History is AMAZING and should be studied and embraced, especially the first hand accounts.

JD

19. Gordo323

Gordo323 New Member

I'm tired of all the recent political posts as well!
    I miss Franciscomv!
    Knife story to come, but I will post it in the proper section! :D

20. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

Well for a rifle one of my all time favoirites is the Springfield M1A for an auto feeder. I've had them on and off since 1988 or so and have one now. I don't shoot it as much as I used to but still it gets taken out once in awhile.

Lately I've been into precision bolt guns. Presently I have a Remington 700 reciever 300 Win. Mag. in a McMillan A5 stock for the 1000 yard endevour. The barrel is almost shot out presently. I'm having a 260 Rem. / 308 Win. switch barrel built on a Surgeons 591 action for the same endovour. It'll be done about April next year. It will be near identical to the 300. I don't believe changing up horses in the middle of the stream. The 300 is also getting a new barrel and should be done about the same time or sooner I hope. The bolt gun thing has become "Zen like" for me and is difficult as well as too much fun when I have time.

For shot guns, and I have more shot guns that any other kind of firearm, I'm shooting them now. Three stand skeet and some sporting clays is what I'm shooting while waiting for the rifles to be built and re barreled. Our range has only a 3 stand set up.

For pistols I'm not doing much and havn't done much there for many years.

You could say that I "race" my firearms now and will be doing it more as time goes by.