Firearms Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum and found it only through searching for some obscure ammunition.
My father's 73rd birthday is coming up in May and as a gift I have been restoring an old 1890's Remington Rolling Block 32, single shot rifle he used as a kid.
The last time he fired it was about 60 years ago due to a broken firing pin.
He has often mentioned his memories of this old timer and I thought that a wonderful gift would be to enable him to fire this gun again before his time is done.
I reconditioned it, found the firing pin and installed it and had the barrel reworked by a smith. It is a "honey" again and it is ready to go. Only problem is that I can not locate even one box of this ammunition.

If there is anyone out there that has a stock of this ammo (most recently imported by Navy Arms)(made in Brazil) it would be great to talk about working out a deal of somekind. I will buy 20 rounds or 1000 rounds. Anything to get him the opportunity to shoot again.

Here's Hoping!!!

Allons

·
Registered
909 Posts
welcome to the forum
thats really cool what you're doing for you father
hope you find the ammo
:D

·
Registered
21,822 Posts

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Welcome

Welcome and glad to have you around... :D
Nice gift, I hope you found what you are searching for and make your father happy shooting that rifle again.

·
Premium Member
19,844 Posts
That is a kind and thoughtful gesture. Welcome here.

·
Registered
992 Posts
looks like Cane came through again. Welcome to the forum, exactly the kind of thing this exosts for. What a great gesture for your Dad, hope you can get the ammo.

BTW, 11th ACR?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Welcome and hello from Idaho to you. What a thoughtful son you are, and what a great idea for you dad. Best of luck , I hope you find what you are looking for.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts