Ghost Sights For Glock 23

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by glockenstein, Aug 26, 2011.

1. glockenstein

glockenstein New Member

Just got a 23 Gen4, and am not wild about the factory sights.
    Has anyone tried the Ghost ring sights for this baby?
    Thanks!

2. Rarity

Rarity New Member

There has to be someone out there!

3. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I just put some mepro night sights on mine and they are really nice. Just a suggestion, enjoy your new sights. Ed

4. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

The factory sights are the best! Why can't any company make night sights with the glock factory look? That would be amazing and honestly I'd pay $200 for em....just saying. Give the factory sights a chance...you might really like them with a little more range time.

5. glockenstein

glockenstein New Member

Thx g17. Will put in more time prior to any decision.

6. RecklessRegard

RecklessRegard New Member

I hated the factory sights at first, but after a few trips to the range and about 500 dry fires, I got used to them. They were great for quick target acquisition. That being said, I did replace them with truglo TFO sights. They aren't the same as my duty sights, but at least they're 3 dot.

Attached Files:

7. afi1

afi1 New Member

My father has been running Ameriglo ghost rings on his G27 for a little over a year. I've had the chance to run a few hundred rounds through it, and here are some observations:

1. The sights are real fast at most combat ranges (15yds in).

2. The sights are still fast at greater distances, however, there is a lot of extra room in the sights, and getting a good sight picture/alignment can slow the process.

3. The "loose" sight picture discribed above makes it hard to call your shots. You will verywell hit a person sized target center of mass, but if you're trying to shoot groups, they're less than ideal.

4. The sights are tall, and it can be hard to find a hoster that will work. We finally settled on a Crossbreed Supertuck (highly reccomended for any gun).

5. The tall rear sight works well for single handed cycling of the slide by catching on a belt, or pressing against the thigh.

6. He and I both have decided that conventional sights are better for us. The sights will be replaced with Warren Tactical sights later this year.

8. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I also got a 23Gen4 a couple months ago but like the factory sights. Quite visible so I'm sticking with them. Some people say they're fragile because they're plastic but I think they're plenty tough. My G22 does have metal night sights that I also like but during the day the G23's stock sights are more visible.

9. glockenstein

glockenstein New Member

Thx to all for the time & tips!

10. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

I just put the Big Dot Tritium on my Model 32. Haven't fired it yet but they look to be very fast to get on target. I'll let y'all know when I get to try 'em out.
    XS Sight Systems - Sights

11. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

Sorry, I know the threads a little old, but didn't see if the OP made his decision yet. If not, I would second the XS Sights. I've got a set of XS 24/7 Big Dots on my Glock 26, which is my EDC gun, and I absolutely love them. For me, they are much faster to acquire, and make shooting with both eyes open more intuitive and much easier. The big dot out front really catches your attention and makes follow-up shots much easier for me.

I've had them on there for probably 4-5 months, and have fired a few hundreds rounds with them, and love them. I'm actually thinking of getting them for all my other pistols, but will definitely get them for any future carry guns.

You may think that they are less accurate than conventional sights, but at regular combat distances, they're awesome, and I've even shot them out to 25 yards and I'm just as accurate with them as with conventional 3 dot.

-Fred