ghost ring sights

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by BWilder, Oct 9, 2012.

1. BWilder

BWilder New Member

does the front bead unscrew so you can put in a different front sight on a mossberg 500 barrel?

2. hiwall

hiwall Active Member

3. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

Don't take me wrong, I want you to be happy with your 500. Most 500's have 2 beads on the vent rib. If you put any effort into using both beads you will see they shoot a slug accurately enough to defend your home. I can't recommend smoothbores for hunting deer. A rifled barrel is very accurate and most newer 500's are already drilled and tapped for a scope.

Another problem you run into with ghost rings on a shotgun is your eye naturally goes to the center of the ring, which will result in shooting over your target.

4. BWilder

BWilder New Member

its the persauder, it only has one bead at the end and its drilled and tapped on the reciever. i dont like trying to find a bead if its low light its my hd/shtf gun. my 870 is my deer gun with rifled barrel. arnt the ghost sights adjustable?

5. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I have a rifle front sight and a ghost ring rear on my Nova. It works just fine. It is sighted in for slugs at 50 yards. You do need a front sight of the proper height for the ghost ring. You could go to a scope or red dot since your receiver is drilled and tapped but the ghost ring works very well at shotgun ranges.

6. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Find a different screw-in big bead if you need. Eschew GRS' -- they are terrible for shooting a shotgun as a shotgun.

7. BWilder

BWilder New Member

what rifle front sight will fit on the barrel?

8. BWilder

BWilder New Member

thank you! they look pretty nice, think ill go with those

9. natman

natman Member

Could you explain how this works? It seems to me that having your eye go to the center of the ring is the whole idea.