Getting tired of winter

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by dalefan88, Jan 26, 2014.

1. dalefan88

dalefan88 New Member

Tired of snow and cold. Tired of driving 20 miles to work on bad roads. Plus I can't get out to shoot to take the edge off. I think cabin fever is setting in. I'm done ranting now.

2. Mercator

Mercator New Member

Shooting deprivation gets me as well. For any reason.

I thought you were buying "tires of winter", not a bad idea either :D

3. dalefan88

dalefan88 New Member

Ya dang auto spell check thing lol

4. rockratt

rockratt Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Funny!!! Thought you were buying tires for your vehicle.....:D

5. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

Almost went out to garage to see what is on my car to give you a recommendation. I don't know what they are, they were on it when I bought it, but they are doing well in the snow.

On the other hand it has been way too cold to go shooting, and with my shoulder almost healed I am getting the itch too!!

6. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

It gets hot in the summer. No matter how you dress, it is still hot. I can dress for winter.

7. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Dress warm , let the imaginational juices flow and do a beautiful nude snow sculpture...! :D

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  8. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

Go outside do a few nude "snow angels" trust me the "cabin" will look good to you! :p

9. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Fixed that for ya.

10. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

In 6 hours I can leave this snow here on the mountain. I can be under a Desert Palm in the warm sun. I am doing just that next week. :)

11. KimberFan

KimberFan New Member

Wish we could send you some of this mild Pacific Northwest winter....no snow at all to speak of in the Columbia Basin yet.

12. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Fierce weather here tonight. Very blustery and snowy. Temp dropped quickly this afternoon.

13. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

It was in the 40's earlier today. One of the very few days this winter that we have seen our neighbors outside.

Now it's 2 degrees.

I really miss the south.

14. JW357

JW357 New Member

... Was 75 degrees where I'm at in Texas today ...

Move along, nothing to see here...
    Sent from my LG-L38C using Firearms Talk mobile app

15. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Back down to -6 here tomorrow, WOO-HOO:rolleyes:

This is the worst winter we've had in almost 20 years. Too hot is uncomfortable, but too cold is just miserable.

Plus we've had about 8 inches of snow in the last 2 weeks, I drive 37 miles each way to work.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  16. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

From 45 to 0! 35 mph wind right now.

17. bigbomar4

bigbomar4 New Member

High 50's maybe even low 60's here today and no wind. I was a beautiful day today!! Tomorrow it might hit the mid 30's got to love Texas weather.

So far this winter it hasn't been the coldest that I have seen but it has had the biggest changes day to day. It has gone from a high of 60 to a low of 7 in the same day. I can deal with it if it just stays cold but this up and down stuff is driving me insane.

18. GTX63

GTX63 New Member

I'm midwest, and yes, I am starting to feel the cabin fever too. Kids have had way too many days off due to weather this year. The Xbox is the ruination of all things held sacred.

19. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Very cold and windy here today. Wind chill factor -20 to -30. I'm not setting foot outside today. But I'll have to go to work tomorrow night. :(
    I even feel guilty making the dogs go outside to potty.

20. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I got 50lb of Pennington bird feed to help the animals that cannot escape the cold. Now my dog stays out in the cold to watch for squirrels. My dog would face a dilemma, if she had to choose between a steak and chasing a squirrel. It is beautiful to look out in the yard with all the birds here now. Everywhere one looks there are dashes of color from all the birds flying around.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014