Getting my first sks friday maybe

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by crgm101, May 8, 2012.

1. crgm101

crgm101 New Member

Found a nice condition Chinese norinco sks with bayonete and sling got the guy at the shop down to 350. Does this sound like a good deal with this tiny amount of info I have given.

2. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

A Norinco should only run you $300. At least thy do here in PA. I would check at a local gun show.. you can find them cheaper. I would expect to pay $350 for a Yugo.

And you say "nice condition".. is it used? I'd hope not at that price.

3. crgm101

crgm101 New Member

No gun shows down here for 2 months Naples Florida is always a little pricey I'm gonna have to check tomorow should be new. Condition was so good I had the guy hold it for me just till tomorow. New to sks's still trying to learn doing lots of research but pricing is iffy except at gunbroker.com And they where around 300.

4. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

Definitely shop around. I really think you can find a better price. Not to mention you're saying you "got him down" in price. Doesn't seem right to me, but prices could be different down there. But ive even been told by others not living in PA that even $300 for a Norinco is on the high side.

5. therewolf

therewolf New Member

It depends on a lot of factors.

First, are all the serial #s stamped, and matching?

Is the gun in NIB condition ? Is the barrel faultless?

Cleaning rod, and kit in the stock in place?

350$, IMHO, would be a higher price to pay on a Norinco in

only OK condition.

6. crgm101

crgm101 New Member

Can't get back till Friday now but the thing looked so good it should of been nib I'll keep you posted.

7. Swervin

Swervin New Member

Just bought a Norinco sks for $100 with six boxes of ammo and the bayonet

8. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

Were you pointing another gun at the seller during this transaction?

9. PlaysWithZombies

PlaysWithZombies New Member

No $hit, i thought they were cheap here in PA, that thing must be stolen. Or in horrible condition :D

10. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Around here, a Norinco SKS would cost around $250.

11. Swervin

Swervin New Member

The gun looks like a truck gun but works like a machine.... Bought it cause my brother was looking for one. I like my AR15.

12. therewolf

therewolf New Member

I'll send you 450$.

Buy me three just like it, and you make 150$.

Otherwise, it's not a good example of SKS prices,

in the here and now, for the average person.

13. Swervin

Swervin New Member

The average is $350 around here. I was just sayin they can be had for less.... I also bought a sig 226 for $300 but obviously that doesn't happen every day either.

14. JWagner

JWagner New Member

I recently bought a Yugo model from J&G for $330. And I missed out on a used Yugo model with a lot of ammo for $285 , advertised on backpage. com.

15. Big-Nasty

Big-Nasty New Member

I would get it. GO NORINCO. Norinco SKS's are some of the highest quality SKS's there is. Same way with Norinco AK's. And it is starting to get harder to find them. If I had a choice between Yugo, Romanian, and Norinco I would go with the Norinco.

16. crgm101

crgm101 New Member

Ok got my sks finally awesome condition all matching numbers lightly used for 350 no it's on the high side. Its a late model norinco but it has no factory stamp it just says on the side ( cal st alb vt Norinco china 7.62x39 And 90xxxxx serial any help I tried looking online and can only narrow it down to 1965 if it was from factory 26 or just late model. Thanks guys

17. crgm101

crgm101 New Member

Here she is

Attached Files:

18. PlaysWithZombies

Hard to tell from the pics but it looks pretty nice. Gonna be able to take her to the range soon?

19. crgm101

crgm101 New Member

Yeah sorry the iPad has a bad camera hopefully this weekend

20. PlaysWithZombies

I know what you mean lol. Hope you'll be happy with it. As far as what you paid, yeah you could've done a little better, but you could've done worse too. If it hasn't got a high round count i wouldn't worry about it.