Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a nice condition Chinese norinco sks with bayonete and sling got the guy at the shop down to 350. Does this sound like a good deal with this tiny amount of info I have given.

·
Registered
933 Posts
A Norinco should only run you $300. At least thy do here in PA. I would check at a local gun show.. you can find them cheaper. I would expect to pay $350 for a Yugo.

And you say "nice condition".. is it used? I'd hope not at that price.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No gun shows down here for 2 months Naples Florida is always a little pricey I'm gonna have to check tomorow should be new. Condition was so good I had the guy hold it for me just till tomorow. New to sks's still trying to learn doing lots of research but pricing is iffy except at gunbroker.com And they where around 300.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Definitely shop around. I really think you can find a better price. Not to mention you're saying you "got him down" in price. Doesn't seem right to me, but prices could be different down there. But ive even been told by others not living in PA that even $300 for a Norinco is on the high side.

·
Registered
8,404 Posts
It depends on a lot of factors.

First, are all the serial #s stamped, and matching?

Is the gun in NIB condition ? Is the barrel faultless?

Cleaning rod, and kit in the stock in place?

350$, IMHO, would be a higher price to pay on a Norinco in

only OK condition.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can't get back till Friday now but the thing looked so good it should of been nib I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Swervin said:
Just bought a Norinco sks for $100 with six boxes of ammo and the bayonet
Were you pointing another gun at the seller during this transaction?

·
Administrator
34,282 Posts
Around here, a Norinco SKS would cost around $250.

·
Registered
373 Posts
The gun looks like a truck gun but works like a machine.... Bought it cause my brother was looking for one. I like my AR15.

·
Registered
373 Posts
The average is $350 around here. I was just sayin they can be had for less.... I also bought a sig 226 for $300 but obviously that doesn't happen every day either.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I recently bought a Yugo model from J&G for $330. And I missed out on a used Yugo model with a lot of ammo for $285 , advertised on backpage. com.

·
Registered
272 Posts
crgm101 said:
Found a nice condition Chinese norinco sks with bayonete and sling got the guy at the shop down to 350. Does this sound like a good deal with this tiny amount of info I have given.
I would get it. GO NORINCO. Norinco SKS's are some of the highest quality SKS's there is. Same way with Norinco AK's. And it is starting to get harder to find them. If I had a choice between Yugo, Romanian, and Norinco I would go with the Norinco.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok got my sks finally awesome condition all matching numbers lightly used for 350 no it's on the high side. Its a late model norinco but it has no factory stamp it just says on the side ( cal st alb vt Norinco china 7.62x39 And 90xxxxx serial any help I tried looking online and can only narrow it down to 1965 if it was from factory 26 or just late model. Thanks guys

·
Registered
878 Posts
I know what you mean lol. Hope you'll be happy with it. As far as what you paid, yeah you could've done a little better, but you could've done worse too. If it hasn't got a high round count i wouldn't worry about it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts