Getting my CWP.

Discussion in 'Training & Safety' started by NymphoGnome, Jun 2, 2010.

1. NymphoGnome

NymphoGnome New Member

I plan to get my Concealed Weapons Permit, I am unsure of what to expect. My dad has taken it, he took it with a .22, but owns a .357. I plan on getting a .40 cal, would it be smart to take the test with at .22 or just practice enough with the .40 cal?

2. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Depends, in some states you have to qualify with the type/caliber gun you intend to carry. If that's not the case in SC, us whatever you shoot the best...

3. RugerShootinGal

RugerShootinGal New Member

I just took the class myself. I took my P345 to the class I took that one because I was very comfortable shooting it in front of the instructor. I think you should take what you are comfortable with or what you are planning to carry. Just my opinion hope it helps a little.:)

4. freefall

freefall New Member

Here you have to qualify with maximum caliber. I had a .45 semi-auto, so I can carry anything in .452 diameter in semi-auto. I had a .44 revolver so I can carry anything up to .429 in revolver. So if I get a .475 Linebaugh I have to take the thing all over. If there was a POOP smiley I'd post it.:cool: