Firearms Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
FRiend it is one thing for a personal friend you know to do this for you it entirely another to ask strangers on an internet forum .

NO Offense intended but what you are asking a person to do is by the letter of the law Illegal and anyone who does it would be a fool .

For all anyone knows you could be a BATF agent posing as a nice old retired shooter and the moment they make you up some rounds you and your coworkers could show up with a warrant for thier arrest for the Manufacture of Ammunition for Commercial Sale with out a license .

I think like all of the happy Fed laws it can cost a person 10 years of their life in prison and or a 10 grand fine .

Getting a good reloading setup and doing it yourself can be as inexpensive as around $200 or so and can even be compact enough to be done in a bedroom or even at a kitchen Table .

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
FRiend it is one thing for a personal friend you know to do this for you it entirely another to ask strangers on an internet forum .

NO Offense intended but what you are asking a person to do is by the letter of the law Illegal and anyone who does it would be a fool .

For all anyone knows you could be a BATF agent posing as a nice old retired shooter and the moment they make you up some rounds you and your coworkers could show up with a warrant for thier arrest for the Manufacture of Ammunition for Commercial Sale with out a license .

I think like all of the happy Fed laws it can cost a person 10 years of their life in prison and or a 10 grand fine .

Getting a good reloading setup and doing it yourself can be as inexpensive as around $200 or so and can even be compact enough to be done in a bedroom or even at a kitchen Table .

Can you quote the law that would make this illegal?

·
Registered
578 Posts
From tha BATF's website Faq's

(H4) Is a person who reloads ammunition required to be licensed as a manufacturer? [Back]

Yes, if the person engages in the business of selling or distributing reloads for the purpose of livelihood and profit. No, if the person reloads only for personal use.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a) (i) and 923(a), 27 CFR 478.41]

When I started reloading 25 years ago I was even advised by the salesman that sold me my first reloading setup to not even reload for friends and GIVE away the ammo .

Since he was an older man working in a rather old established and respected gun shop "Nassau" that still exists to this day I even follow that advice .

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
From tha BATF's website Faq's

(H4) Is a person who reloads ammunition required to be licensed as a manufacturer? [Back]

Yes, if the person engages in the business of selling or distributing reloads for the purpose of livelihood and profit. No, if the person reloads only for personal use.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a) (i) and 923(a), 27 CFR 478.41]

When I started reloading 25 years ago I was even advised by the salesman that sold me my first reloading setup to not even reload for friends and GIVE away the ammo .

Since he was an older man working in a rather old established and respected gun shop "Nassau" that still exists to this day I even follow that advice .
Good to know, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Getting back to shooting 2nd question?

Does anybody no of a ammo manufacturer that would make ammo to specification? Thanks:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts