Getting a banned message when trying to log in

Discussion in 'FirearmsTalk Support and Suggestions' started by Chuck Roberts, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Chuck Roberts

Chuck Roberts Active Member

I’ve not done anything wrong that I’m
    aware of, or been told about.

The message states:” your IP address has been banned. “I’m using my IPhone and never had issues with it on any other site.

Can someone check and advice please? Thanks!

2. elfmdl

elfmdl Active Member

It does it to me too when I’m in certain locations, always thought it was odd

winds-of-change likes this.

3. Shopfox

Shopfox Well-Known Member Supporter

4. schnuffleupagus

schnuffleupagus Well-Known Member

Are you..
    Are you the dread pirate Roberts?

Mercator likes this.
  5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

It happens to some members here. The best I can figure, and I’ve looked into it extensively, is some service providers have static IP addresses versus dynamic ones. Which means the IP addresses change on occasion for security reasons. There are some IP addresses that are banned due to SPAM reasons. If you just happen to be switched to one of those IP addresses that are banned here in FTF, you’ll get that message. I’m sorry. There isn’t anything I can do to fix it.

6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Winds is correct. I was not joking when I said I comb out 6-8 spammer/ scammer types each day trying to get in the door here. As you move about, your internet service provider may change. And there are SOME ISPs that are so infested with frauds that our screening software blocks the ISP. It is not anything that any of you did wrong (except for YOU over there- and you KNOW what you did!) Our parent corp. uses a set of 67 algorithms that goes thru ISPs and Email addresses, looking for addresses that are blacklisted for behavior. When I see someone trying to gain entrance- from a country where there IS no private ownership of firearms- and I have 6 different screening programs that are yelling- not a good candidate.

For those that are inconvenienced because you happen to be passing thru a bad (electronic) neighborhood- we are sorry, but it should clear up.

7. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member Supporter

can the system auto expire for banned ISP addresses?

8. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Don't have a ready answer for you. Truthfully, that is somewhere up in the lofty regions of the IT Geeks. Me? I can recognize a computer when I trip over it. At least 2 outa 3 times.

9. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

Anyone seen this? 4154119F-5824-4104-A24C-F645321DE45D.jpeg

MisterMcCool likes this.
  10. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

I got it once in the gunsmith section. Figured it must be reserved for gunsmiths. :confused:

Mercator and towboater like this.
  11. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

Damn it. Now all I want to talk about is gunsmithing.

12. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

A democrat will say it's Trump's fault!!:D

Mister Dave and ellis36 like this.
  13. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

And everyday I have to go over to C3’s house and turn his computer on for him.
    Gunsmithing section should be open to everyone. Try again.

14. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

I just put mine to sleep at night. I'm not cleared for power-off/power on!

ellis

winds-of-change likes this.
  15. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

I get the same message several times a week and I only use one device at one location. We decided it is just something that is unexplainable and I just live with it.

MisterMcCool likes this.