Gerber machete recall

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by downsouth, Aug 25, 2012.

1. downsouth

downsouth New Member

2. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

A laceration hazard from a machete? How can that happen??!!

3. downsouth

downsouth New Member

The handle breaking. No sense having to survive your survival tool if you don't have too.

4. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Aughhhhh......

Made in .....................:mad::mad::mad:

5. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  6. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I was using my machete as intended, on a sapling about an inch think and it broke in half, the front part flying past my girlfriends face. Now I have a cold steel and that things a tank.

7. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

+1, Some never learn. "It's cheaper and if the u.s. made can't compete in price"... :rolleyes: my two cents

8. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I don't care which country makes it if it's of better quality. The US doesn't dominate every manufacturing industry for quality. However, China is almost always CRAP!!!!

9. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

I never said the u.s. dominated. I avoid Chinese merchandise because most of it is crap if there is steel in it. Most Chinese hand tools I've bought have been junk, no more for me.

I used a Chinese combo wrench for the first time to change my oil, to take out the drain plug. It broke, you can't torque a drain plug that tight, especially on a truck with 200,000 miles.

I work in a steel stamping factory. When we started getting Chinese steel to make parts from, some of it couldn't be bent or formed without cracking, even though it was within chemical specifications. These problems were a first according to the old timers.

I like some of their guns, fireworks, and food. They can keep everything else.

10. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

I've been trying to convince my mil of this for years. She buys tools at the dollar store and wonders why they break the first time they get used. The word China has never been associated with quality, but that's what you expect from a communist country.

11. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

12. PC167

PC167 New Member

The land of almost right.... Lol!

13. fupuk

fupuk New Member

+1 on good food coming from China..

14. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Na imma get him an SOG axx(get it :p) for his birthday

15. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Inever, what a cutup! That has me in stiches -- lol.

I hope he's able to laugh too...