Geotagging gun owners' houses

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by JWagner, Jul 9, 2013.

1. JWagner

JWagner New Member

2. orangello

orangello New Member

I bet they refer to the firearms on their little icon as "a Glock" and "an AK".

Dumb idea, almost as dumb as federal firearms registrations.

3. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

This smells of a left wing tactic that come to be when the newspapers had to stop printing name and address of CCW holders.

4. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

"Guns killing children: An American epidemic", By Sasha Goldstein / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Yup, you wonder where they get their news from, dont wonder too long...

5. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

The solution here is a simple tactical equation...

If you can not avoid being "detected"... ensure your detection is meaningless.

IE... if your home comes up "tagged" on this app... Immediately "tag" every other home in your surrounding area.

Do it openly... with a bit of vitriol and when your libtard neighbors ask why... make sure they understand that the only thing this app would accomplish is a "shopping list" for criminal, violent, home invasion robbers.

...and as neighbors, since "one of them" felt my family should be "at risk"... I decided that as a community we should all jointly SHARE that risk. ;)

There is an answer to STUPID... and it is to SCREW them twice as hard as they SCREW you.

Tack

6. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I actually shared their page on Facebook. Stupidest! App! Ever!

Why not develop an app where people can voluntarily submit their own homes as "Gun Free Zones"? You can start by submitting your own home! Now that would be a useful app. The way this one is set up it allows for more abuse by irresponsible people than it does any good by preventing firearms death and injuries. As a matter of fact I don't see where it does any good at all. By reading the posts it seems that people agree with my position. I did not see one single post from a supporter.

7. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

I installed this app on my android phone just a few minutes ago. I wanted to see what it is all about. It has some precautionary notes about who to and who not to "mark". It is like I thought, there is no accountability built into this app. When I opened the map function, it had a big red circle around my house with a button under it that simply said "mark this spot". I looked and then I deleted the app. A very irresponsible activity that has NO safety controls.

8. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

JESUS PEOPLE!!!! Play along would ya?

Down load it and mark every single location that you can. Over load it and make it 100% untrustable and it will have absolutly zero use by anyone.

9. johnr1943

johnr1943 New Member

About as inane and sinister as Mayors Against Illegal Firearms. This could be a real recipe for disaster. :mad:

10. marc29th

marc29th New Member

I just down loaded this and tagged a bunch of random spots as having "unsecured nuclear weapons on premises" that should cause some fun to the 3 or 4 people who will ever use this app as it was intended :)

11. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

I suppose high tech burglars could use the app to identify homes to avoid.

12. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Careful with your recommendations there Jester. The other day I started a thread with the updated list that the Feds had come up with (we have all seen similar lists in the past and many of the words are the same) when one of the Mods (either ScottA or JohnM) deleted the thread and sent me a PM saying that it was against Forum rules to target other forums or organizations in any way (I did suggest that we all use words from the list "freely and frequently":D).

Funny thing is that he did send me a PM and now it is not in my message box????? WTF???

Anyhow, here is the list of trigger words. Be careful not to use any words on this list 'cause some government puke to have to monitor yet another harmless person like you or the person on the receiving end of the message (I hope that satisfies the Mods).

Attached Files:

13. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

That's unusual. Those are two of the coolest moderators on the site. Did you say anything about another forum?

14. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I was mistaken. The PM is still in my inbox file. But it was JonM. Here is what he said.

I have not said anything on any other forum about it until now in this thread. And seriously? Trolling "outside organizations"???? Are we prohibited from advocating a little civil disobedience? Since when? And since when is the government considered to be an "outside organization"?

15. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

Some people feel that the 2nd amendment is not supported by the 1st amendment I guess.
    That's unfortunate. Thanks for the heads up.

16. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

The 1st Amendment applies only to the government. Since this is a privately owned forum it does not apply here. However that does not excuse censorship.

17. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

No, no, no! We are gun owners and must show that we can behave responsibly. What if you accidentally tag some place that actually does store guns? That would actually supply useful information! Only mark spots that you know are gun free zones. I suggest:

Preschools and schools
    Churches & synagogues
    Libraries
    Museums
    Any home of any angry liberal

Please feel free to expand on the list as you think of them! The app and its database will become completely worthless with this erroneous and completely innocent listings.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  18. TekGreg

VikingDad, I can understand the need NOT to say in a public forum that organizations or other forums are being targetted. We would eventually be shut down for our aggressive behavior. However, posting the list should be allowed as a publicly produced and available document in the public domain for informational purposes only.

Thanks for providing it. Now I know not to talk about my workout at the gym as ecsorsize or tell anyone I have the flooe.

19. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

By whom? And why? I could maybe see it if a forum was dedicated to solely cyber attacks simply to raise Hell, perhaps with law enforcement authorities, nuclear plants, the CDC, government, or any other authority, but one thread, or even several threads on any special interest forum such as this one on firearms where a few individuals advocate civil disobedience? Wouldn't all of the Occupy websites have been summarily shut down then?

I don't buy the premise.

So go ahead and exercise, it will not breach any national security protocols here and will not cause the Swine Flu or even a national emergency.

Gotta go. Homeland security is mounting an attack on the compound.

20. TekGreg

Just recently, the inventor of the 3D printer firearms posted many of his designs to file servers and his own site. Over 300,000 downloads of the file were made before ALL of the sites were shut down and bearing a State Department logo. They were only blueprints and contained no dangerous information, but were prototype designs showing how it could be done. 3D printers are very few and far between, very expensive to buy and more expensive to stoke with the various plastics to try to create the parts. None of this stopped the State Department from interfering, claiming that the finished product was a terrorist device, as it could be smuggled past metal detectors.

Paladin Press was forced by the government to drop many of its titles after 9/11 because they were considered to contain instructions for making firearms, suppressors, explosives or dangerous devices. Up until then, all of these texts had been protected by the First Amendment, as a book on any subject wasn't considered dangerous or a crime until a person chose to act on it.

That's only two examples, but the last 15 years is rife with the government stepping in and shutting down sites, strong arming private business and suppressing trade "for our own good." If we were to start discussing attacks on "protected" groups, we would be accused of hate speech, racism, bigotry or any other felony that would be the grounds to shut down the entire forum.

Keep an eye out - you never know what direction they'll come at your compound! Shoot if it moves! :p