Georgia mag cap

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by Subcomp9, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Subcomp9

Subcomp9 New Member

I got a xd9 that came with a 16 rd mag nut I've heard that in the state of Georgia the legal mag capacity is 10.... should I buy a smaller mag

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

We "hear" a lot of things that only show the speaker does not have a clue. Other than shotguns used for hunting, I am unaware of ANY magazine limits in Georgia. Would sugest you check with a local gun dealer- If it is not legal, they cannot sell it.

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Agreed check with the lgs and your local laws.
    That said in most states that have a high capacity restriction it is illegal for gun shops to sell not to own.
    In ma new high capacity mags cannot be sold. That said you can buy pre-ban mags at most lgs and gun shows.

4. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

If you bought it in Georgia, then I'm guessing it's legal in Georgia. That is if you bought it from a dealer.

5. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Check with a local gun shop, State Firearms Organization or legal expert. Hearing it from "some guy" doesn't mean anything. "Some Guy" is usually wrong about this sort of thing.
    I don't believe Georgia plays that (mag limitation) game. But then I haven't lived there since '98.
    This may help, but it's by no means carved in stone:
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/georgia.pdf

6. barneygoogle

barneygoogle New Member

No such thing as a mag capacity in the state of Georgia, it doesn't matter what state it was bought as long as it was bought legally.
    Hunting is a different story.

7. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member