Georgia Arms

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Flint Rock, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Flint Rock

Flint Rock New Member

I just came back from a side trip into Georgia Arms today. They actually have ammo in stock:D! Prices were higher than I wanted to pay, but the ammo was there for the buying. I picked up a few hundred Gold Dots in 9mm and 45 acp. They may be sold out tomorrow, but it's there now if you want to order it, or better yet can swing by.

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I'm a regular customer of GA. Very happy with their product in all calibers I've shot. .223, .38, 40S&W, 45 ACP and 460 Rowland.

Wish I could 'drop in' but depend on them to deliver my order to the local gun show.

Just curious Rock, what's the sales tax in GA?

3. Flint Rock

Flint Rock New Member

The state sales tax rate is 6%, but there is often an additional local tax added on by the county that you are in. That is the case here, so the rate is 7%. That local tax is called a SPLOST tax (Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax). The money that a SPLOST tax brings in is suppose to be used to fund a specific thing, like build a school or buy fire trucks. In fact I think the money is just sucked into the black hole of government:eek:.
    There have been times when I was in GA that they had "seconds" at a discount price. Usually it is 5.56 or 7.62 military reloads that have a "ding" in the shoulder. I didn't look today, I had pistol ammo on my mind. I did get one of the Russian ammo crates that they were giving away. I think they are Russian at least. They are wood, poorly made, nailed together, have low quality metal hardware, and have writing on them that looks like pig latin,,,,,,,,,,,,,, that makes them Russian doesn't it:D?

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Sh*t Pile LOST tax??? You sure you didn't make that up, or did you read it on those ruski ammo boxes?

G.A. is a long way from here. ~10-11 hours by car. Next trip to Michigan I may return via I75 and just stop in to see what equipment or building they have purchased with my money!

5. NGIB

NGIB New Member

If you happen to end up anywhere near Savannah, make sure to drop by my neck of the woods for a cold one and some range time. I've used GA ammo for a long time and it's the only reason I ever go to the gun shows amymore...

6. Silvertip 44

Silvertip 44 New Member

Georgia Arms is sort of handy here. I purchase a lot of powder and primers from them. It is only about a 45 min drive over to Villa Rica.