Geology?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Jack Ryan, Jan 3, 2019.

1. boatme98

boatme98 Well-Known Member

Small amounts of gold are found in the whole Piedmont, from NY to SC.
    The biggest "rushes" were immediatle post civil war and just prior to WW II. Nothing like what was to be found in the west.

dwmiller and RJF22553 like this.
  2. Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan Well-Known Member

That's awesome!

You guys are the ones that keep me plugging along.

dwmiller likes this.

3. rockratt

rockratt Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Back in the day when deer season ended arrowhead hunting season started and over the years we acquired quite a collection.
    Which brings up a question. Probably about six months or so ago I was watching False(FOX) news and they said "it is against the law to poses indian artifacts. Anyone else ever heard of this"???

Jack Ryan and dwmiller like this.
  4. 1911NUT

1911NUT Well-Known Member

Here in S.E. Texas we don't have many cliffs or rock formations. But I have stumbled upon a pretty cool place along the San Jacinto river where I dig for arrowheads and broken pottery pieces. I got quite a collection going.

Jack Ryan and dwmiller like this.
  5. Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan Well-Known Member

I believe it is illegal to dig them in burial sites. Leading to being able to prove where you got them. A person I know was put through the wringer over a lifetime of collecting because of this.

They treated him like a criminal for things he collected on his own property 50 years ago. All because he enjoyed his collection, he was proud of it, he openly shared the opportunity for about any one interested to see it. Apparently that was a mistake.

Do you have a reciept for the first gun you ever bought? What about those boots you are wearing, can you prove they weren't stolen? Maybe you dug up that piece of gravel in your driveway from an Indiana burial ground.

http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/don-miller/

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    ellis36 and dwmiller like this.
  6. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Discovered some MIA members while tracking ....?

dwmiller likes this.