Gen4 grip texture

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Glockpotion23, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

I am curious to know how does the Gen4 grip texture feel? I own a Gen3 and i like to keep the Talon grip on mine, and it feels nice. Is it nesessary to have any type grips on the new ones? Does the texture provide enough?

2. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

I've handled the Gen4's at work several times and in my opinion if I had to do without the Talon grips I could, but I would prefer to have Talon grips on them too.

3. Quentin

Quentin New Member

The Gen 4 grip is very good, much easier to hang on to than the smooth Gen 2. I also like it better than Gen 3 and think most people like it better as well.

In the end though, I put Pachmayer slip on grips on my 23Gen4 and like that even better. Also have them on my 22 Gen 2.

Haven't tried the Talons but they look like skateboard tape, not sure I want it that abrasive.

4. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

I've had every grip out there and I agree the pachmayar is the best out of all of them. It's a lot more tacky/sticky then the hogue or talons. I like the "gummy" feel of them and handle recoil quite nicely as well

5. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

It's much better than the RTF, not as aggressive. I like it.

6. washabra

washabra New Member

I purchased a Glock 22 Gen 4 earlier this year and really liked the gun because of the grip. I recently sold my Glock 23 Gen 3 and purchased the Glock 23 Gen 4 because of the grip. I am now thinking about selling my Glock 34 Gen 3 and picking up the Glock 34 Gen 4.