Firearms Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,928 Posts
Google is your best bet- VERY doubtfull you'll find any serial # info-
Basicly its a inexpensive, mostly potmetal revolver from the 70's or around there.
$50 would be a high price to give IMO-
Reminds me of a RG-
Not trying to injure ego- Just being honest----

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
I would definately have a gunsmith check before firing it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It has been check and has only a few round through it but with only a half or one inch barrel it's a little harsh on the ears

·
Administrator
26,683 Posts
Long ago, in a galaxy far, far away.....

Congress passed the 1968 Gun Control Act. Among other things, it prohibited the import of REALLY cheap guns- ones that were cheap because they were made of a zinc alloy (aka Pot Metal) instead of steel. Guns like the RG.

Some small American companies decided to jump on the newly emptied band wagon, and make their own cheap, zinc alloy guns. Since they were made in the US, the import ban did not affect them- just cleared out the competition.

Yours is such an example. The frame is alloy, the 2 inch bbl and cylinder are steel. Durability is poor. The maker was (AFAIK) a job lot machine shop type company. Need a 3/4 widget with a 4mm hole bored at the center? Sure- how many you need?

Issue you will face is timing- if the cylinder is not properly aligned with the barrel, bullet will begin "shaving" lead off the side of a fired bullet- and eventually, will not fire, since firing pin is no longer whacking the rim.

Company is long gone, gun not listed in Standard catalog of Firearms. Value very low- $20-$25 range.

·
Premium Member
11,602 Posts
I got a model 20 22 passed down to me it’s nichol plated with a ankle holster. My question is the grips are cracked does anyone know where I can get a set
First things first, welcome to the forum. When you get time, swing by the introductions sub forum, and say hi to the group, let them know a bit about yourself. I promise, most of us don't bite, other than on days ending with the letter "y."

Second, that's a tough one. Checked several sources, and each that does list them, lists them as sold out. Doesn't mean they can't be found, just that no one has them in inventory. I might know where a set may be locally, and I'll check next time I'm in there, small shop, legacy shop, that wet from founder to son, to gunsmith in his employ, that still has the old stock there, and in his home shop, so I'l ask him to keep an eye out for a set.

eBay may also be another options as well, as parts do end up on there at times. Didn't see any myself, but it's always worth checking from time to time.

Option 3, if you have an older shop in your area, stop in, with the pistol, have them take a look at it, and ask if they have any loose sets of grips in about the same shape and size. Most places will have a bin, box, or drawer, with small parts, usually at least one with old grips, and grip sets. Something tells me Rohm set would be a close, if not ideal fit, as it closely resembles my RG in .22 Short, that went out of time on the last owner. and was deactivated, as a second paperweight to go with the RG 357, I use as one in the office at my shop.

Chances are it wouldn't be the factory correct grips, but if they fit, that would be good enough.

Other option, do you know anyone who does whittling and wood work? You might want to ask them if they would like to take on making you a set for it, which is the way I would go about it, say a nice set in cherry, with some checkering. They'd be worth more than the gun they are on, but there's nothing wrong with that.

·
Premium Member
11,602 Posts
Another option that just came to me, look to see if anyone has a Parts kit, which is all or most of the parts, except for the serialized part, that is the firearm, the frame or receiver. I have seen them pop up from time to time.

Other option, look for an entire revolver, like one that is worn out, and slipped time, or has frame or barrel damage, that you can pick up for parts. If it has good grips, swap them over, strip it, and save the good part, to keep yours going.

Same thing I do with damaged j 22s, that friends are getting rid of, so I can keep a couple of mine going. pt fix ones owned by friends.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Another option that just came to me, look to see if anyone has a Parts kit, which is all or most of the parts, except for the serialized part, that is the firearm, the frame or receiver. I have seen them pop up from time to time.

Other option, look for an entire revolver, like one that is worn out, and slipped time, or has frame or barrel damage, that you can pick up for parts. If it has good grips, swap them over, strip it, and save the good part, to keep yours going.

Same thing I do with damaged j 22s, that friends are getting rid of, so I can keep a couple of mine going. pt fix ones owned by friends.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well guys it’s nice to have contacts with men who know their weapons. I had no idea these guns were so dangerous. The 20/22 was a gift from a old man who has now passed on. In my pass I’ve had guns that shaved led definitely not a weapon to pass to my grandson. I come from a full metal jacket military family from the Civil War to Iraq. Have been blessed and spared . Thanks for all the help . Pistoles May your shots be on target

·
Banned
13,224 Posts
It is probably right up there with the Rohm line of revolvers. Slightly less dangerous to the shooter as the shootee.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts