Gen 4 Questions

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Reaper61, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Reaper61

Reaper61 New Member

So I have been doing research during my deployment to decide what my next handgun purchase is going to be, and I have narrowed it down to the XDM 3.8 45ACP and the Glock 30. I was looking on Glock's website and noticed that they have not yet release a Gen 4 Glock 30. I'm a left handed shooter so being able to switch the mag release to the other side is definatly a plus. Has anyone seen or heard any possibility of Glock making the 30 in Gen 4? Also with the SF model can you use the normal 30/21 mags or can you only use the SF mags? Thanks in advance for the responses.

2. msup752

msup752 New Member

I own a G30 and the full size XDm and like them both. I used to carry the G30 but I prefer a smaller grip and switched to a 4g G19. The older G17 and G19 mags fit it as long as I have the right hand mag release. If you get a 4G version and go lefty, you will have to use the newer mags.
    I would guess they will eventually change the G30 to 4g but no idea when. The G30 is a great carry gun and 10 rds of 45 in that small of a package is nice.
    The XDm actually replaced a G21 that was jazzed up by Wilson Combat. I like the thinner grip of the XDm even though it is longer. Accuracy was the same over the hand fitted Wilson G21 which is impressive.