Gen 4 Problems

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Don_Mega, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Don_Mega

Don_Mega New Member

Is it true for Glock 17 and 19 Gen 4's have some flaws? I've heard one problem with ejection of shells hitting people in the face. Are there any other issues and have they been corrected?

2. danolator

danolator New Member

Never heard of or experienced an ejection issue with a Gen 4. Wish I could say the same about M&P.

3. cvia

cvia New Member

I heard of this problem. They had a 40 cal spring in the 9mm but it was to stiff. It was changed for a weaker recoil spring. I have heard that there were still some issues with weaker cheap ammo until it was broken in. If you look or call Glock they will tell you that 115 grain ammo is to weak. They designed it for 124grain. That's why people get casings in the face. So I've heard hope it helps.

4. Vincine

Vincine New Member

My G19 gen 4 tosses shells to my face more often than I would like. Somewhere on here, somebody posted that the first Glock 19 gen 4 ejectors, which are marked '336', caused shells to be tossed back face. Glock now has different ejectors in the later pistiols. The poster had his ejector changed and no longer has the problem. I just sent mine to Glock to have the ejector changed. I'll let youse know if it solves the problem after I get it back. I would post a link to the post, but I can't find it. He had a couple of nice photos of the different ejectors in the post too.

5. Ruger_Nut

Ruger_Nut New Member

The only issue I heard was springs breaking.

6. cvia

cvia New Member

Look up hickcock45 on YouTube about the gen 4 you talks about it and shows you the one he has.

7. Don_Mega

Don_Mega New Member

I heard the same thing, isn't there a tungsten replacement to fix that problem?

8. Don_Mega

Don_Mega New Member

I have seen that one. His reviews are great

9. Virginia58

Virginia58 Member Supporter

My son purchased an early G30 Gen 4 and had numerous problems with it. Erratic ejection (including in your face), feed issues and and sight issues. Apparently, his had QC issues beyond the more commonly heard ejection.

Sent it back to Glock and they sent him a completely new firearm. New serial number so he had to do the FFL paperwork over again, but the second G30 had no issues. He got an extra couple of mags and a sorry.

10. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

Extra mags? Can't beat that with a stick.

11. Don_Mega

Don_Mega New Member

Yea definitely helps!! Thanks bro

12. Vincine

Vincine New Member

Hmm. I had a RMR red dot milled into my slide. I wonder what I'll get back.

13. custom1911

custom1911 New Member

I have a gen 4 glock 19. It is an incredible gun and shoots like a dream. I have had a few problems with spent cases hitting me in the face with Winchester white box. Nothing to worry about it doesn't hurt just catches u off guard. I wouldn't let that change ur mind on buying one. They are great!

14. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Just send in the gun an they will replace it with the new one.

15. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I have yet to shoot a semi automatic weapon that would not occasionally throw a spent casing in my direction. That is why many ranges and safety courses require that all shooters wear a cap and safety glasses. I usually take an extra step and wear a full brim hat. I don't like hot casings going down my shirt.

16. aikimo

aikimo New Member

I have a g17 gen 4, and yes in the beginning it did sometimes throw the brass back at me. But after 250 rds it seems fine now. Brass gets ejected to the side. Even with the 115g ammo.. My lgs said that since it has the latest ejector it may have just been a break in issue.... Love the gun!

17. kbd512

kbd512 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I have a Glock 17 Gen 4 and, yes, it does throw brass back in your face if the ammunition is not high powered stuff. All the +P and 124/147 grain stuff I've put through my Glock has a predictable ejection pattern. All of the 115 grain loadings (Federal, Remington, Winchester, PRVI) I've tried have some ejection pattern issues.

18. PaPow

PaPow Member

Our just trade those glock`s in on an M&P, all your problems are solved.

19. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Ya had to dig up a 4 year old thread IN A GLOCK SUBFORUM to say you like M&Ps (with a worse stock tigger) over Glocks?

I own both (and my M&P is doing much better now with an extra bit of money in an Apex trigger) but dang, the Glock hate makes some folks dig a bit.

20. Kennydale

Kennydale New Member

In two years I had ONE BULLET MALFUNCTION on my G17
    Winchester White Box. I am sure it was a poorly made load and their quality control missed it.