Gen 3 or Gen 4

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by bangbangg26, Feb 7, 2012.

1. bangbangg26

bangbangg26 New Member

Tell me your thoughts, which do you prefer? Gen 3 glocks or 4? Trying to decide whats best for me.

2. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Either are great. Gen 3 parts are more available

3. goretro77

goretro77 New Member

Personally I prefer all glock generations EXCEPT for gen4.

[​IMG]

The previous generations have a great track record for being reliable trouble free firearms, the gen4 has had issues since its introduction. I prefer any of the previous generations and avoid gen4. Just my opinion, I have had zero malfunctions on my Glocks.

4. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

I like the gen 4 a lot. I have over 5,000 rounds out of my gen 4 17 with no complaints.

5. okdonk

okdonk New Member

I own G19 Gen 4 and G26 Gen 3. I prefer Gen 4 and comes with 3 mags rather than 2, which means a little bit difference in price. Anyway you can't go wrong with both.

6. NvRbanArms

NvRbanArms New Member

I own a gen4 G21. Never a malfunction. About only 1k rounds through it just because of .45acp ammo price. But I trust it with my life. No backstrap added and the hogue grip on it. Fits perfect. Can't go wrong with any IMO.

7. lyodbraun

lyodbraun New Member

Either one is a great choice, I have a Gen4 23 and love it had no problems with it at all, after 2000 or so rounds, also have a Gen3 27, and its been flawless as well, just depends on what you want, either way its still a Glock and thats all that matters....

8. bangbangg26

bangbangg26 New Member

Im new to glock and had a friend interested and asked about which is better and what some differences are between gen 3&4. I have a gen 3 27 and love it as well. After research and your alls opinions i feel that for the price difference included that the gen 3 for now is the best buy.