Geissele SSA-E Trigger in 300BLK SBR?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by ZeusEcho, Jul 10, 2013.

1. ZeusEcho

ZeusEcho Member Lifetime Supporter

I'm considering the SSA-E for a 8.2" suppressed 300BLK with Eotech optic. I guess it would be considered a CQBish build?

Is this trigger a good fit for this rifle or should I be looking at another model?

I have two Timneys and an ALG QMS and want to try something different so any input from you all would be greatly appreciated! :)

2. msup752

msup752 New Member

My 300 Blk carbine has this exact trigger. It is a nice lighter pull and smooth.
    I have nothing to compare it to as all of my rifles have stock triggers. Most of my rifles are mil-surpl. My Maadi has a Tapco trigger which I think is a lighter pull and I'm careful with it.
    It does exactly what it claims to do so I can't complain.

3. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Imo it might be a little light for a cqb. I'm a big fan of the SD Geissele line. The flat trigger bows are sweet. Why not look into the SSA, or the SDC?

4. truevil1313

truevil1313 New Member

I chose the Geissele Super Semi Automatic Enhanced Trigger AR-15, LR-308 Small Pin .154" Two Stage Matte trigger for my .308 and love it, but this one is not a CQB build.

5. ZeusEcho

Thanks for the feedback guys!

AgentTikki- you changed your avatar :) Yeah I thought the SSA-E might be a little on the light side for CQB but didn't see the weight specs until just now when I opened their pdf specs. Looks like the SSA is more suitable for this build. And hey, it's a few bucks less so it's win/win!

6. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

I think your made a fine choice!

Ya, on the avatar, its smokin! :cool:

7. KingTiger

KingTiger Member

I have the SSA-E in my 9.5" 300 BLK & like it very much.

[​IMG]

8. ZeusEcho

Nice SBR King! What scope is that?

I'm still torn between the SSA and SSA-E...wish I could feel them both before buying one.

9. KingTiger

KingTiger Member

10. ZeusEcho