1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
7,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
I was considering changing my auto insurance from Geico to another. Hem and haw about it. Now thanks to this posting I will be leaving Geico. Thanks!

·
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
7,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was considering changing my auto insurance from Geico to another. Hem and haw about it. Now thanks to this posting I will be leaving Geico. Thanks!
You are welcome! I have USAA Insurance for about 10 years.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Bigcountry02 said:
You are welcome! I have USAA Insurance for about 10 years.
USAA is the way to go. I have pretty much everything with those guys.

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
Usaa for the win.

So can you quit doing business with anyone for exercising their constitutional rights? Like, I don't agree with the whole freed slave thing... Can I drop all African Americans?... Or what about women voting? Can I quit doing business with any woman who voted?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Government (you know the people that make war) Employees Insurance Company? No way. I have seen this story and follow the guy on facebook. He makes adaptor tubes IIRC. Not guns, Not Ammo but adaptors so you can use single shot shotguns to fire other calibers, for the survivalist. Glad we switched last year, was with Geico for 8 years and wife sent the check a week late. No accidents or tickets in over 10 years and they raised our rate $250 over six months.

·
Registered
13 Posts
LAWSUIT! Your occupation has nothing to do with car insurance unless you are a wheelman, and in that case calm down Jason Statham!

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
All the more reason to never be a customer of theirs. Should have known with that damn lizard with the funny accent...

·
Registered
562 Posts
nfmus209 said:
LAWSUIT! Your occupation has nothing to do with car insurance unless you are a wheelman, and in that case calm down Jason Statham!
While I don't agree with dropping someone over their occupation they have used occupation as part of their rating calculations as long as I can remember.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Mosin said:
Usaa for the win.

So can you quit doing business with anyone for exercising their constitutional rights? Like, I don't agree with the whole freed slave thing... Can I drop all African Americans?... Or what about women voting? Can I quit doing business with any woman who voted?
If you really wanted to, I guess you could. Might make life a bit more difficult though.

·
Registered
665 Posts
DrumJunkie said:
All the more reason to never be a customer of theirs. Should have known with that damn lizard with the funny accent...
Piers Morgan?

·
Banned
18,636 Posts
I see no problem with this if it's been a standing and open company policy. If not, if it's something they've just now done... Then that may be lawsuit material.

·
Retired
13,590 Posts
How did they find out what his business was?

Was he using their insurance on a business vehicle?

·
Registered
562 Posts
danf_fl said:
How did they find out what his business was?

Was he using their insurance on a business vehicle?
Doesn't matter if he used it for business or not. If you are considered to be in a high risk occupation your rates are higher. Not saying I agree with it but its been that way for a long time.

I actually have a much bigger issue with them using your credit score as a premium determining factor. If you miss a payment they cancel the insurance immediately and you are paying up front so your credit score should not matter.

·
Registered
110 Posts
How low can you go. I never knew Warren Buffet was that type of person. I think it's time to tell Geico where to stick their policy... and the stupid gecko/lizard!!

·
Registered
4,928 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
And the damn gecko has a brittish accent just like Piers Morgan...go figure.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts