Firearms Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.
Joined up the other week, have been lurking around licking up all the great info and resources.

I am 20yo student from Queensland, Australia. Grew up on a farm out here so shot every now and again, but have just recently put serious consideration and thereafter action into getting in shooting again. Just using my old mans rifles at the moment that were my grandfathers.
Sportco model 44 (7.62mm Single shot sporting rifle)
Sportco model 62a (.22LR)
Both of which I believe are 1970s rifles, but great fun and straight shooters notheless.
I hope to add one of my own to the collection at some stage.

Anyway, I can see that there is much more to gain digging around this place and hopefully I shall be able to sow something back into here in not too long.
Gus

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Welcome to the forms! Enjoy!

Sounds like you have some priceless rifles there.

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
Gus, glad to have you with us.

·
Premium Member
19,844 Posts
Welcome here.

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
Welcome to the Forum - and thanks for coming out of the shadows!!

Nice collection. I would love to see some photos...

JD

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Welcome from Venezuela

Welcome and glad to have you around :D

·
Premium Member
11,374 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of TEXAS. Hopefully y'all can get some of the recent Draconian gun laws repealed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the welcomes.
The Sportco rifles are a little bit of Australian Rifle history, but the company has since shut its doors and the company that took over the australia side of things has renamed.
The original founder of Sportco, moved on to found Kimber stateside. :)

As far as the gun laws go, guess I'll be using bolt guns for a while yet. I have a fair inkling that alot of the SKSs and BARs et al. That existed here before the $700million AUD buy back, that had zero effect on gun crime funny that.., Dissappeared in the side of the hills around the country side.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Welcome Gus

1 - 15 of 15 Posts