Firearms Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day everyone,

I just found this forum. I used to post in the Weapons and Combat section of ToTSE (Site closed today), as well as Surplus Rifle Forum, but decided to look for a new home after W&C's closure.

A little info on myself. I am 19 years old, and I usually reside in Australia. I am currently overseas with the army (not in the middle east unfortunately).

I have been shooting since I was 6, and I joined the army two years ago (as soon as I could).

Because of restrictive firearms laws here in Australia, my experience with firearms is mainly with bolt action rifles and handguns 9mm and below. Other than military experience of course, but I shall not divulge that sort of thing openly on the internet.

My ultimate goal in life (after the military) is to move to the USA, and hopefully work for an arms distribution company in the international sales, or product capability testing division.

The freedoms with regards to private ownership of firearms in the USA really appeals to me, and thusly I wish to become a citizen and be afforded those same great rights. If that means I have to fight for the country, I gladly will.

But I digress. I look forward to conversing with you all, especially as this deployment is rather slow, and firearms cheer me up. (I hope that doesn't come off crazy...)

-Tom

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
G'day everyone,

I just found this forum. I used to post in the Weapons and Combat section of ToTSE (Site closed today), as well as Surplus Rifle Forum, but decided to look for a new home after W&C's closure.

A little info on myself. I am 19 years old, and I usually reside in Australia. I am currently overseas with the army (not in the middle east unfortunately).

I have been shooting since I was 6, and I joined the army two years ago (as soon as I could).

Because of restrictive firearms laws here in Australia, my experience with firearms is mainly with bolt action rifles and handguns 9mm and below. Other than military experience of course, but I shall not divulge that sort of thing openly on the internet.

My ultimate goal in life (after the military) is to move to the USA, and hopefully work for an arms distribution company in the international sales, or product capability testing division.

The freedoms with regards to private ownership of firearms in the USA really appeals to me, and thusly I wish to become a citizen and be afforded those same great rights. If that means I have to fight for the country, I gladly will.

But I digress. I look forward to conversing with you all, especially as this deployment is rather slow, and firearms cheer me up. (I hope that doesn't come off crazy...)

-Tom

Naw, man, none of that can be confused with anything but sanity.!

·
Registered
962 Posts
howdy from cold cold ohio

·
Registered
157 Posts
Welcome aboard mate, from Miami.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers for all the warm welcomes, and affirmation of my sanity.

While I have a bit of a cross section of locations here:
What are the gun clubs in your areas like? I am heading to the USA for a recon mission (not military, setting my future plans) and I would love to go shooting while there. I am just worried they won't let an Aussie tourist have a crack at the range because I don't have a green card or whatever you need to use guns over there.

Basically, are there nazi ranges everywhere, or are my chances of blatting off a few rounds good?

·
Premium Member
19,844 Posts
Welcome here.

If you let us know where you'll be and your schedule, I'm sure some of the folks here will gladly accommodate you. I am in northern California, so if you're coming this way, send me a PM and we can set something up.

·
Banned
6,964 Posts

What are the gun clubs in your areas like? I am heading to the USA for a recon mission (not military, setting my future plans) and I would love to go shooting while there. I am just worried they won't let an Aussie tourist have a crack at the range because I don't have a green card or whatever you need to use guns over there.

Basically, are there nazi ranges everywhere, or are my chances of blatting off a few rounds good?
Depends on where you're going. If you go with a club member, you shouldn't have any problems at all -- you're just another guest. Some states have different laws around who may shoot what. If you give us some idea of your itinerary -- like what cities you will be in or near -- folks here might be able to help you out.

·
Registered
10,888 Posts

Green Card? Do you have any idea how many gun crimes are committed by people who aren't even supposed to be in this country? Lots. :eek:

As far as ranges go, mine is my back yard. :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
RE: Shedule

So far my plan is to start in KY, as I have a mate there. From there, wherever I decide to go. Probably Cali, as I have an old school friend there who's in the Navy, and I wanna see Texas. All over the place, I will take a more detailed look when I get back to Australia.

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
Welcome MephistosMinion glad to have you aboard.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Welcome MephistosMinion, glad to have you arround... I'm from Venezuela good oportunity to make friends on the other side of the globe! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts