Gaspar Arizaga 12ga Help!

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by shootsathing, Oct 12, 2011.

1. shootsathing

shootsathing New Member

[​IMG]I just purchased a 12ga side by side mfg by Gaspar Arizaga, wow! so many markings, does anybody know anything about them? I have taken a bunch of pics for anyone who may be interested / knowledgeable, feel free to mail me: EDITED by Mod.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2011
  2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

well, hello- and welcome to the forum. You should edit your inital post (or I can do it for you) and pull your email address. You can get private messages here thru the fourm.

Yours is a nicely made Spanish shotgun from the part of Spain when gunmaking is in your DNA. The company was founded about 1895, folded about 1987. Values ABOUT comparable to a lower end Stevens shotgun.

Yeah, there will be a LOT of markings- it shows the chamber dimensions for each barrel, choke for each barrel, and the proof firing marks for each barrel, code for date it was proofed, the serial number, and a recipe for spaghetti sauce (just kidding).

When you get a minute, swing by the intro thread and say hello.

PS- What is wrong with you? PICTURES, MAN !!!!! Show off yer Spanish Shotty! We need PICHERS!!!

3. shootsathing

shootsathing New Member

Spanish 12ga Pics

Working on posting pics...when i figure out how to!!!

4. c3shooter

Have them stored in your computer. When you compose a message, above where you write is a white smiley face. Next to it is a paperclip. Click on paper clip, browse (direct it to the pic) open, download, close- then click the paperclip again, dropdown with file name, click that, pic get added to posting.

5. shootsathing

shootsathing New Member

Didn't see the paperclip.......

6. shootsathing

shootsathing New Member

Gaspar Ariganza 12ga Pics

DSC02554.JPG

DSC02566.jpg

DSC02542.jpg

DSC02550.jpg

7. c3shooter

Very nice side by side! I grew up bird hunting with a similar shotgun, and still like the way a good double swings.

Re: the plethora of markings- each barrel was proof tested, and marked with dimensions, the completed gun was proofed and marked, so you have a lot of scribbling there.

These may help you with reading some of the proof marks-

http://store.bluebookinc.com/INFO/PDF/Firearm/Proofmarks.pdf

8. shootsathing

shootsathing New Member

Thanks for the info, i'm getting to know this saucy lil' Spaniard a wee bit better now, just shot a few shells thru her on Sunday, quite a cheeky rapor, kicks back nice n straight and didn't kill me!!....also bought a Yugo SKS this weekend.....it was a good weekend for me!!Will post a new thread w/pics