Gasoline.....

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by LONGHAIR, Feb 23, 2012.

1. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Here we go again....It's $3.55 a gal. here in St.Louis today...Just shot-up 17 cents this morning....Bull-Sh!t....No body even dropped a Bomb as of yet...:mad:...:confused:....:mad:....There saying $4.25 by Memorial-Day...If that don't kill the economy I don't know what will.....Looks like Obama is going to win the White-House again and we have 4 more years of this sh!t....:mad::eek::mad:........How much do you pay ???.....

2. jon1992d

jon1992d New Member

Its been $3.59-$3.65 for about two months now north of pittsburgh. It hasent gone below $3.55 for a while.

3. orangello

orangello New Member

I get gouged for a bit extra for the ethanol-free stuff.

I would rather be running on CNG, but there are no fueling stations around here, and the EPA only has a handful of shops approved to do conversions on cars (wonder how much that cost Ford).

4. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Hope & change, baby.
    $3.02 per.
    Judging by the prices in SoCal, we won't be visiting any time soon. $4.07 in the area we typically visit. There are places in CA & FL where $5.00 is either real close or has been exceeded.

5. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

Lowest in Grand Rapids, Michigan is at $3.68.

6. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Don't get me going here. Gas prices really tick me off. I last filled up for $3.39/gal but that was a rare find. It's around $3.55/gal here. A tank of gas lasts me about 2 weeks if I just am going to work and back with very little errand running.

7. bkt

bkt New Member

Cheapest stuff here is $3.60. Average is about $3.85.

...and I just bought a ******* Jeep Liberty. D'OH! (I love the vehicle. I just wish it didn't get thirsty so often.)

8. lastrebel70

lastrebel70 New Member

It's $3.49 here on Tennessee, and a tank of gas last me 4 days puff going only to work and back.

9. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

From the looks of it, we may be staying home this summer. I am dreading having to drive 600 miles to the PRK for our grandsons graduation from high school. I had thought to take the trailer up and then keep on going to Oregon but I only get 12 mpg diesel towing the trailer. The car gets 32 mpg gas. Last time it was cheaper to drive the car and stay in a motel for 3 days than to tow the trailer with free parking. I am hoping the high gas prices will hurt Obama's chances in the election. Nobody except some idiot environmentalists will be happy with $6 or more gas. I wonder how he will blame that on bush?

10. orangello

orangello New Member

Don't forget the oil companies and ahole arabs and probably some greedy speculators.

11. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Greedy-Speculators are probably the worst.....Them Jacks ran-up the price last-year about this time,with their bull-sh!t about Lybia and war....

12. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. We should be praising whom ever is responsible for the increases. As gas prices go up, obama's popularity goes down. It will hurt paying the prices they are predicting, but like they say "freedom isn't free". For me, I'll cut back on other expenses happily, if it makes this man go away and become of no consequence in my life.

13. unclebear

unclebear New Member

honestly it's hurtin my wallet I've been riding my damn bike to work everyday all 4 miles to and from, maybe your right maybe this is all for the greater good.

14. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

I paid $3.49 yesterday. I used to drive 43 miles to work. 20 mos. ago I found a new job...now I drive 8 miles, 16 round trip. I've never had a job this close to home before.

15. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

Months ago I predicted that the price of gas would go to $5.00 in time for the election. The people who have the ability to change the price would also like to influence the elections. Gas shortages and high prices put the spike in Jimmy Carter's coffin; big business has a long memory.

The higher gas prices, lower the chance of Obama being reelected.

16. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Come on Chainfire, Jimmy Carter and 444 days of dozens of hostages sank Jimmy. Hell Nightline started because of the hostages. I think it is still on. Plus the video of the c~130 and a helicopter skeleton smoldering in the Iranian desert was hard to overcome. Yes, opec had a negative impact on reelection but the main thing was, he is Jimmy Carter.

17. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

I know from nothing, but I think it's going to be $5.00 plus until about September, then drop back to about $3.50. The mantra from the WH will be "My plan is working! The worst is over!" Then after he wins the election, back up to $6.00 + permanently. Didn't he just say today that we needed to work on making fuel from algae? Good luck with that short-term!

18. woody63m

woody63m New Member

Today i saw 1 soul per tank lol

19. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Yes Ellis he did, apparently we all have algee on the north side of our houses, trees and down here in MS on the half dozen cars we have on blocks in the front yard. Saudi Arabia of algee we are. Sounds like a plan.

20. firedawg60

firedawg60 New Member

We're at $3.39 around our parts. And it's been holding steady for about a week. On another forum someone was talking about the gas prices going up then towards the end of the year, o-man will propose some bill that will drop the price in half. But it would probably have a anti-gun bill attached to it.

I would really like to see the price come back down, even though we don't really have any travel plans in the future. I think we need to just start drilling in the USA and open some more refineries. I would hope that the gas would be cheaper and it would create some more jobs.