Gas is going up.........again.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Gojubrian, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Average price here is now $2.64, up .$18 from 7 days ago, up more than $.50 a month ago. Last year at this time gas was $1.82. How is a guy supposed to budget when these moron "projectors" are working against us? :mad:

2. junho806

junho806 New Member

$2.52 here still
    but its on the rise! :eek:
    one of those dinky Smart Cars seem like a good idea right about now...

3. Car54

Car54 New Member

$2.79 to $2.84 bradenton, Fl area. I figured it was because Easter is near and they want to hit everyone who is driving for spring break, visits, or vacations. Happens every year around here for all holidays.

4. Car54

Car54 New Member

Think twice about a smart car...look at the "sandwich".

Attached Files:

5. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Albuquerque is running $2.77 at Sam's, Shell average $2.98, and finally on base (Kirtland) gae is $2.85 per gallon for the premium.

Worst part, it is climbing and four Congress are wanting to push the Gas to $7.00 a gas for thei Cap and Trade. 1 - Independent, 1 - Republican, and 2 - Democrats are sponsoring a bill in the Senate.

We are not Europe and have a very good trasportation system to each and every city. We as the United States citizens depend on vehicle mode of transportation both in and out of the city, country living and these screwed up Congressmen do not care; except themselves.

6. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Except that was a Honda Fit Sandwich!

As far as Gas Prices....It's spring....people are starting to think about taking trips for the summer or spring break!!

What's an refinery supposed to do??

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  7. zhuk

zhuk New Member

That's per gallon, right?

Uh, you'll all hate me for saying this but...not so bad really!

In Sydney atm petrol is approx $1.39 a litre.

and 1 gallon = 3.78 L. So 1 ga. here would be over 5 bucks.

[Just as well I don't drive anyway, heh]

8. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

And how much of that $1.39/L is tax?

Either way it pi$$e$ me off!!

9. zhuk

zhuk New Member

The tax is about 38% of the pump price if I recall correctly. It is a Road Tax but it goes into consolidated revenue, that great gold pile the government has where mountains of cash go in and some comes out for whatever seems like a good vote winner at the time. It’s supposed to pay for roads, road safety and the like but not a lot of it gets spent on that, at least not anywhere that you’d notice if you take a look at some of our third world roads :rolleyes:

10. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

I know!! I'm afraid we're headed down the same slippery slope, here!!

11. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

The prices aren't going to come down anytime soon. They're up to around 2.70 here...sucks. The taxes on a gallon of gas are simply rediculous.

12. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

I use this to find the best price near me.
    Austin Gas Prices - Find Cheap Gas Prices in Texas

This one shows the average (and cost of crude) for what ever time duration you want to see (up to 6 years history). Also can do up to 3 locality price chart.
    Historical Price Charts - Austin Gas Prices

It is amazing how the price fluctuates...especially when the gas companies were accused of gouging and how it suddenly dropped to almost 37% (see mid-late 2008).:mad: How fast we forget :(

Note that the price of gas actually follow the crude price changes but about a week delayed (5-10 days).

I know this is for Texas but I believe they have it for different State as well.